Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

I've recently been searching for leather shoulder holsters for several ppk/s models, but I haven't had much luck. Other than the classic but fairly limited Miami version by Galco, it seems that most companies either no longer make them for the ppk/s, or they never did.

Anyone have any specific suggestions? I'd prefer a full-sized, under the arm, all-leather style of holster, but anything even close to that would be helpful - even custom holster-makers or leather-crafters.

Many thanx!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I sold my Galco Miami Classic when I bought a Galco Executive. I think Galco has just recently discontinued the Executive. I found the Executive more comfortable and I just put extra mag.(s) in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have been looking at Shoulder Rigs for my Manurhin PP. Bianchi has some nice offerings.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sold my Galco Miami Classic when I bought a Galco Executive. I think Galco has just recently discontinued the Executive. I found the Executive more comfortable and I just put extra mag.(s) in my pocket.
It wouldn't surprise me that they discontinued it. They've been going through a whole lot of changes in recent years, and its not for the better in my view. I bought one of their Scout clip-ons a couple of weeks back and it was complete junk.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, I saw the Kirkpatrick line early-on in the process, including this K400, but they didn't list the ppk/s as an option for any of their holsters, only the ppk. However, since the holsters themselves are open at the muzzle end, I should probably just assume that it will fit either model equally well?
Most PPK holsters I've used also fit the PPK/S. If you contact the company, they should be able to tell you if this is an exception.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have the Kirkpatrick for my PPK/s and it fits perfectly although I'm not a fan of the snap closure. I also have the Galco Executive which is a little sleeker and doesn't have the snaps.

In my opinion, the Kirkpatrick is more comfortable when wearing all day because of the double shoulder loops. The Kirkpatrick also has the ability to swap out the holster so if you buy a P99c or other gun they make a holster for you can easily swap it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Duplicate post

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
The Galco Executive is extremely comfortable....you'll wear it all day and never know it is on. Unfortunately it has been discontinued so you need to look on EBAY, they are offered every so often.

Failing that the Galco Miami Classic is a fine system.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Gosh I hope Bond doesn’t go flying out of a helicopter or racing down a ski slope with that. Looks like his gun is just loosely sitting in a cloth pocket. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm pretty happy with the Bianchi for $90. Fits the pp, ppk, ppk/s.
Do you happen to know which specific model of Bianchi you have pictured here? That information would be very helpful. The only one that I could find on their website for the ppk/s is the X16 Model (#1016351), and it looks good, but its $155.50 (not $90).

Anyway, thanks to everyone here for the various suggestions. The Galco Executive is essentially unavailable, but the Kirkpatrick brand of holsters definitely seems to get alot of love, and the Bianchi offerings look good too, although they make it dam-near impossible to determine which of their products fit which models? I guess I'll try to give them both a call to discuss further.

But thanx again to all!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts