Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've just purchased a P5C with the intent of using it for concealed carry and for IDPA competition.

What are your recommendations for holsters priced under $100.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Ah, Skookum, so you are the lucky guy that won the auction, congrats, a great price. My heart wasn't in the bidding, I was trying to pick it up for a bargain price, didn't want it bad enough to pay over $700 since I already had one and I've got plenty of toys

Auctions like this usually come along about 3-6 months after you gave up waiting for one to come up and went ahead and bought one

Regards,
James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
denfoote--thanks for the lead--they have great looking holsters. Do you have personal experience with this manufacturer?

Extremist--yes, I'm the one. Although my "serious" IDPA gun is a SIG 220, I like to dink around w/other pistols. Surprisingly, I do very well with the old P.38 (except for the handicap of the European mag release on the butt). Saw a P5 at a local gun show. It appeared to fit my hand well, so I thought that I'd give the P5C a try for IDPA. I'm pleased with the $715 price which includes 3 mags--just perfect for IDPA.

Thanks for response

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jt, I finally settled on a Blade-tech. I called them on Monday and they hand formed and had the holster to me by Friday. Now that's service.

Regarding your question on a shoulder holster--I did an internet search using Dogpile and came up with at least 12 hits of holster manufacturers who offered holsters for P5's. However, I was looking for a concealed carry belt holster and didn't pay too much attention to shoulder holster offerings.

Good luck

·
Registered
195 Posts
Try PWL holsters they make holsters for all walthers. I prefer High Noon holsters but I don't think they make them for Walther P-5 models. I have a PWL for my P-5 and a IWB Blade tech.

·
Registered
120 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skookum @ Nov. 09 2002,3:26)]denfoote--thanks for the lead--they have great looking holsters.  Do you have personal experience with this manufacturer?

Extremist--yes, I'm the one.  Although my "serious" IDPA gun is a SIG 220, I like to dink around w/other pistols.  Surprisingly, I do very well with the old P.38 (except for the handicap of the European mag release on the butt).  Saw a P5 at a local gun show.  It appeared to fit my hand well, so I thought that I'd give the P5C a try for IDPA.  I'm pleased with the $715 price which includes 3 mags--just perfect for IDPA.

Thanks for response
No, sadly I do not. However, it is the only maker that makes holsters for the P5. Mine is a range pistol!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts