Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a once size fits all but a dedicated IWB holster (leather or Kydex) for the P99 compact with good hardware and all-day, non-shift comfort. Is there such an animal available?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Black Hills is a new one on me. I am interested in something along the lines of the Tucker Answer, Texas Heritage, Comp-Tac MTAC. Unfortunately the MTAC is not yet available for the P99 so maybe I will go with the tried and true CTAC. Comp-Tac ships fast and that's good for someone who needs immediate gratification. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the CTAC, should I get the slide model or the 2nd gen P99? I have a new P99 compact .40. Thanks again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks guys. Black Hills is a new one on me. I am interested in something along the lines of the Tucker Answer, Texas Heritage, Comp-Tac MTAC. Unfortunately the MTAC is not yet available for the P99 so maybe I will go with the tried and true CTAC. Comp-Tac ships fast and that's good for someone who needs immediate gratification. :)
Did you see this thread on the P99 and holsters

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I have not seen the slide..... but I sure would be interested in knowing if it is cut for the P99c
I am sure a email to them would give you more insight

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you see this thread on the P99 and holsters
Yes, I did but only the Vega is an IWB and no offense but I am not a fan of that type of belt clip. I much prefer something along the lines of the CTAC or MTAC which better distributes the weight of the gun, has dual clips that lock on securely, and has less tendency to shift.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got off the phone with Comp-tac. The CTAC "slide" is the one he recommended for the P99c.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I really wish they would make the "pro undercomver" for the P99c
or even better the "two o'clock"

·
Registered
134 Posts
CrossBreed makes a nice IWB for the P99c. It is also tuckable, if that is something you are interested in.

·
Registered
335 Posts

FWIW:

When I wanted the absolute "slimmest" iwb available I was directed to the FIST co. The folks at FIST were first rate, and when I asked the question would one holster fit the compact and the full size P99 I was told, "no problem", we'll just cut for the full size and mold for the compact..

So, for $35 I got two holsters for the price of one. I am well pleased with the FIST iwb (KYDEX) and would recommend them without reservation.

I'll admit the FIST Kydex IWB isn't the prettiest kid on the block, but it certainly is well made, fits both my P99's perfectly, and I'm well pleased.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
382 Posts
i wonder if itd be possible to have um make one to fit a FIRST GEN p99 full size AND the current p99c? hmm

i guess ill just have to get a new generation p99 fullsize now.... darn

·
Registered
382 Posts
has anyone had any wear issues with Kydex? would you say it wears more or less than leather? as in causing holster wear on the gun i mean...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Kydex wears differently than leather.....
Leather will wear on the flats were Kydex will wear on the high spots....

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I wanted to wait, my favorite IWB is the Tucker Texas Heritage. Flattest, most concealable, most comfortable IWB I have ever owned. I returned a Milt Sparks Versa Max II to get one and have never regretted it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i wonder if itd be possible to have um make one to fit a FIRST GEN p99 full size AND the current p99c? hmm

i guess ill just have to get a new generation p99 fullsize now.... darn
I have the same holster as PX15. And it fits my P99 40S&W 1st generation as well as my P99c 9mm. I did add the body protector.:cool:

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CrossBreed makes a nice IWB for the P99c. It is also tuckable, if that is something you are interested in.
Ron, it just so happens that my Crossbreed SuperTuck for my Sig P239 also fits my P99compact. I've been wearing it all day. I may not need another IWB holster now for the P99 compact. Not the prettiest girl in the class but it (the Crossbreed) works well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts