Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has a worped recoil spring/rod?
Mine was pretty straight and I didn't worry about it at all.
After 600 rounds the rod is pretty bent. I have to actually push on it in order to reassemble the firearm.

Mine is a 03 AS trigger.

Is this something more inherint to the older guns? Or does it happen to the newer ones also?

Just for S&G, I called Walther USA and they said it was normal but they are sending out a new recoil spring/rod at no charge. I did explain mine is an 03 from CDNN.

Can't really ask for better service

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I bumped a recoil rod thread recently. Take a look at the pics and the replacement Sprinco I installed.

Glad to hear about your experience with S&W though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SW/Walther America customer service is great from my dealings with them. The way they treated me is going to factor greatly into my future handgun purchases. They went above and beyond when I had to send back my P99. They sent me a new one, let me keep the mags from my old one (as well as the grips and whatnot), and the whole thing was less of a hastle than returning something to the supermarket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
same here on my 2003 model 9mm.I would have sold the gun but I found a sprinco stainless "recoil reducer".I like it and it IS stiffer to rack the slide.but shooting +P is better now.the only thing that sucks is it is the wifes favorite pistol and she can't rack it now.so for her I have to put the original in when we go blastin'.if she needed to use a pistol for defense she can only handle the HK USP 45.she is afraid of the AR15 and will not try it when we shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts