Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the spring weight is on a factory recoil spring for a PPQ navy 9mm. Someone said the suppressor one has a different weight. Also, were can I get one? The factory one, thanks

·
Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Workky, you can get a factory stock 'silver spring' rsa or a 'green spring' rsa from Walther USA. Give em' a call at 479-242-8500.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was told that the factory spring poundage on my Q5 was 17lbs. I installed a Stainless Steel Guide rod with a 20lb spring, as I only run factory ammo and it works perfectly, with zero malfunctions. It also seems to have slightly less muzzle flip.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Measured my PPQ 45 at 17lb. I have to believe that Walther would use the same spring in the PPQ series if at all possible to save cost.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I have to believe that Walther would use the same spring in the PPQ series if at all possible to save cost.
I've often wondered what costs more.

Walther uses the same recoil spring for both the 9mm and .40 pistols, but because of this, they use a different slide on the .40 pistols that weighs more. Is it cheaper to just design a different spring and use that, or is it cheaper to add more metal to every slide made in a caliber other than 9mm?

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
I've often wondered what costs more. Walther uses the same recoil spring for both the 9mm and .40 pistols, but because of this, they use a different slide on the .40 pistols that weighs more. Is it cheaper to just design a different spring and use that, or is it cheaper to add more metal to every slide made in a caliber other than 9mm?
Perhaps the answer is simpler than we think. The slide is heavier to help reduce felt recoil/muzzle flip and the 17# spring is sufficient to ensure a complete cycle without slamming to the rear and still achieving battery?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts