Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new P22 with laser about a week ago. The laser is a bit pointless I must admit. Mainly there for looks, I suppose.

The first time I took it to the range I put a bulk pack of 550 Remington golden bullet rounds through it. Out of all 550 rounds, I only had 1 problem, 1 case didnt eject properly. Other than that, I love the gun. I also tried a few CCI mini-mag rounds through it and had no problems. The Remington rounds had a bit more of a kick to them (for being a .22). The CCI rounds were so soft that it felt like shooting a bb gun.

I had no problems with feeding or anything other than 1 bad eject.

I only wish Walther offered more of a warranty on their guns like some of the other top-brands do. I don't foresee any problems, but, a longer warranty would be nice, for piece of mind.

I probably wouldnt purchase the laser with it if I could go back, I love the gun itsself though. Very accurate and its about the best looking .22 ive seen.

Are there any kind of higher capacity magazines around for it?

I also own a Springfield XD sub-compact 9mm, Taurus ultra-lite .38 revolver and a couple of others. The P22 is my favorite at the moment.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Are there any kind of higher capacity magazines around for it?
How many rounds do your magazines hold? Here in Kalifornia we are limited to ten rounds per magazine so the follower is nearly an inch long to limit capacity. When I get out of this state I'll be looking for hi-cap mags myself.:cool:

...a longer warranty would be nice, for piece of mind.
So give them a peace of your mind.;)

Russell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My magazines hold 10 rounds, the same as yours, and my follower is also about an inch long. That's what made me think some higher capacity magazines may be available.

My state doesnt limit high capacity magazines like California does, but i cant find higher capacity magazines for the P22.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a replacement follower that gives you an extra 3 rounds in the mag for a total of 13:

http://www.magazineparts.com/p22home.php

7 bucks, i might try it out.

The only part i dont care for is:

"Please note: The P22 magazine button is designed to lock back the slide once the last round has been fired. Since our 10+3 follower does not utilize this part, the slide will not lock back after firing the last round in the magazine."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts