Walther Forums banner

Recent S&W PPK/S Quality Control

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ADP3 
#1 ·
I have been lurking on the forum for several weeks now picking up on all of the PPK and PPK/s information that I can find. I am no stranger to firearms and have been shooting for 40+ years, but I have not had any recent experience with Walthers. Twenty plus years ago I had several German, Manurhin, and Interarms American PPK/Ss. Lovely little pistols that I now regret ever trading off. I have been considering a pair of the S&W produced PPK/S but am a bit concerned about their quality compared to the European guns. Are recent S&W Walthers improving in quality? Is there a serial number range where quality has started to improve? Is there a range to avoid? What problems (other than difficult slide removal) are appearing regularly? Thanks for any assistance that you can provide!
Best Regards,
ADP3

#2 ·
why not look on gunbroker or other places for a decent PPK/S that is Walther/Manhurin made......or if you don't mind paying a bit more there is other places that sell them too without having to go through the auction hazzle

#3 ·
Considered That

I thought of that route but the availability of parts (I understand that S&W production parts are not all interchangeable with earlier versions), a warranty (lifetime if you get your dealer to order through Davidson's), and my desire for a matched pair (home and auto) has me looking at the S&W version first.
Thanks.
Best Regards,
ADP3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.