Walther Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Worth taking into account that not everyone has perfect eyesight. I wear bi-focals so getting a good front sight focus is a challenge, dots or not. With laser and red dot you have a single point of focus making for a very useful sight picture. With either red dot or laser, I am pretty sure I am shooting to the gun's capability, much more quickly, than I can with any iron sight. Lasers have the additional advantage of allowing you to accurately place shots at any eye/hand/arm/gun position.
Oh, I take that into account. However, the problem with lasers is they teach/reinforce a bad habit: looking at the target instead of the front sight.

i.e. One should be looking at (i.e. focusing upon) the front sight … such that the front sight is clear/crisp while the target is in the background ... but when one uses a laser for anything but training (to allow the person to see when they are anticipating recoil), one begins looking at /focusing on the target whilst looking past/ignoring the front sight.

Bad mojo...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My P365X is perfect. I swapped out the normal grip mod for the XL grip mod. Made a good firearm even better! The SAS hold no attraction for me. If someone wants one, then go for it!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts