Walther Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Worth taking into account that not everyone has perfect eyesight. I wear bi-focals so getting a good front sight focus is a challenge, dots or not. With laser and red dot you have a single point of focus making for a very useful sight picture. With either red dot or laser, I am pretty sure I am shooting to the gun's capability, much more quickly, than I can with any iron sight. Lasers have the additional advantage of allowing you to accurately place shots at any eye/hand/arm/gun position.
Oh, I take that into account. However, the problem with lasers is they teach/reinforce a bad habit: looking at the target instead of the front sight.

i.e. One should be looking at (i.e. focusing upon) the front sight … such that the front sight is clear/crisp while the target is in the background ... but when one uses a laser for anything but training (to allow the person to see when they are anticipating recoil), one begins looking at /focusing on the target whilst looking past/ignoring the front sight.

Bad mojo...

Reactions: MGMike

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My P365X is perfect. I swapped out the normal grip mod for the XL grip mod. Made a good firearm even better! The SAS hold no attraction for me. If someone wants one, then go for it!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I bought a P365 SAS on Saturday. Put 500 rounds of Sellier & Bellot and 50 rounds of Hornady Critical Defence through it today without a single failure. Shot at 15 yards. It took me a bit to figure out the sights but once I understood how to use them it was better, but not perfect. I need to work on it. Overall, once I get the sights figured out, this will be my new carry pistol. If I can replace the take down screw and slide lock with a standard ones from a regular P365, it will be a much better pistol. I do not believe that will be a major snag issue. Thank you Doug for your right up. It made me give this a hard look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The sight reminds me of the Devel custom Smith and Wesson model 39's of the 80's. Devels were also rear site only and had a "gully" sight where you aligned by equalizing the size of 3 long triangles.
I think that was actually the ASP. It was called a "guttersnipe" site.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
The P365 SAS sights are rather unforgiving. For me the key to mastering them was ensuring that the space between the outer ring and the center 'dot' was uniform on all sides of the 'dot'.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts