Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First post for this newbie. I received my PPQ M2 that I ordered with the XS night sights and noticed the rear sight is all black? It doesn't appear to be covered up but my old eyes can't tell. I don't know why Walther would do that anyway. I emailed Walther three times but they didn't respond. Any ideas? Here's a pic. 20191205_191207_1575598528840.jpg

·
Registered
486 Posts
Give them a call. They should make it right.

479-242-8500 X507

Or I guess you could raise it with whoever sold the pistol. I would first call Walther customer service and explain the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Hello. First post for this newbie. I received my PPQ M2 that I ordered with the XS night sights and noticed the rear sight is all black? It doesn't appear to be covered up but my old eyes can't tell. I don't know why Walther would do that anyway. I emailed Walther three times but they didn't respond. Any ideas? Here's a pic. View attachment 86646
I kind of like that sight picture. Are you sure it's not supposed to be like that? It does not look broke.

Either way, a call to Walther is in order. I've had better luck calling them than emailing them. I don't know how it works over there but it seems emails get misplaced or prioritized lower.

Good luck. I hope they can set you up with the sight picture you want. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I kind of like that sight picture. Are you sure it's not supposed to be like that? It does not look broke.....

I agree.

If that was a "U" notch w/ a serrated face, it would be the same sight pic as my Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Brig Tac. It's a popular sight pic.

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's supposed to be a green dot on the rear sight to line up with the front one. I will try calling them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Just called them and they said it is supposed to be all flat black. That doesn't really make sense to me. The website shows a green dot that glows on the rear sight. I basically ordered a front night sight only?

If anyone else has ordered a PPQ from Walther lately, with XS night sights, let me know what you received.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Ok. Just called them and they said it is supposed to be all flat black. That doesn't really make sense to me. The website shows a green dot that glows on the rear sight. I basically ordered a front night sight only?

If anyone else has ordered a PPQ from Walther lately, with XS night sights, let me know what you received.
Maybe there are two versions of the sight??? That would not surprise me.

Some shooters, me being one of them lol, prefer the plain black rear with a high visibility front sight. The theory being you want the front sight to really grab your eye and not be distracted by much going on with that rear sight.

Works for me. Your milage and preferences may vary of course.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not sure if there is a parts list specifically for that model. It appears that the rear sight does have holes where the tritium vials would go. At least it shows that in the 3D view on the Walther Arms web site.

I would maybe call again and see if you get the same answer ;)

Otherwise, return the pistol or exchange for the non-XS version and then buy the sights you want. TFX Pros on mine.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. I'm pretty sure there are two versions. I ordered my gun through the Law enforcement/Military program so the all black rear sight must be standard through that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts