Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
1. Have you contacted Walther about your concerns?

2. If it's purely cosmetic blemishes, they won't be visible once mounted with an optic.

To be honest, I don't remember what my plate looked like when I received it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Have you contacted Walther about your concerns?

2. If it's purely cosmetic blemishes, they won't be visible once mounted with an optic.

To be honest, I don't remember what my plate looked like when I received it.
Thanks bud, agree that it might not be functionally different but who knows what happened to it beforehand; it is supposed to sit right on top of the exposed slide cut. I've seen the new ones, can definitely tell the difference. Anyhow, they responded overnight --a big thumb up!(y)-- and are sending out a new one. Faithful ol' Walther💪

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fretting over this is like complaining about little scratches on the inside of a new BBQ grill...of what consequence is it?

Your plate is not used...notice there is no finish removed from the countersunk mounting holes from the previous installation of screws. The "marks" on your optic plate look the same as mine did....it's typical of small metal parts that get loaded into bins by the thousands and moved around after the manufacturing process, packaging, and final shipping.

I understand some people like to keep their firearms looking as if they never left the factory (me too, if at all possible), but the bottom line is...are you or anyone else going to be able to see either the top or the bottom of the optic plate after it's installed with an optic? 'Not the greatest image, but the optic plate on my 5" Compact is hardly noticeable:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts