Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I let my brother borrow my p99c for a while, and though he cleaned it throughly, and returned it with a clip of home protection ammo (not sure which, haven't had the chance to check) he broke the tension screw that keeps the rear sights from sliding off.
So my question is, call S&W for a replacement, or send it in, or use it as an excuse to get night sights? :) Night sights are great, but I am on a bit of a budget until I pass the NV bar.
Wage out

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a simular problem with my full size p99, I called Walther America/Smith & Wesson and they sent me a new screw and detent spring for free, quick fix, i am in Florida and it only took a couple of day to arrive. Night sights wouldnt be bad either. Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I don't have nightsights on my P99's
but I think the nightsights do not come with the screw as part of the setup... so I think best to call S&W and just get the part from them

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the club. That rear sight is not the most robust thing on the planet.

As near as I can tell, most of the night sites out there use that plug over, so even if you get them, you'll need that bit.

When I called S&W it was pretty obvious this is a call they get often. Make sure you get an order number; my first one vanished apparently and it took me weeks to get the replacement.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Great info here. I just ordered a set of Mepros for my P99c. I'll have to be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts