Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a brand new Walther PPS M2 LE at about 6:45 pm yesterday and headed straight up the mountain to my shooting spot.

After the first magazine, I’d lost my rear left phosphoric dot. “What the heck?!” I said.

After my second magazine, I’d lost my rear right phosphoric dot. “Double what the heck?!” I said.

The things are teensy. Couldn’t locate them in the dirt. I’m thrilled with how the gun shoots. Not thrilled that parts were falling off my gun within the first 15 rounds.

I pray nobody else has has this issue. But if so, how’d the resolving process go?

I had to fill out the customer support form the very day I purchased the gun. Again, thrilled with how the gun handles, not thrilled with sights falling off.

(Sorry. The forum won’t let me rotate the photo, or upload rotated photo.)

https://www.waltherarms.com/customer-support/

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
They’ve got awesome CS and response. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. There’s a sticky to report your experience there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Walther CS will send you replacements sights if you tell them what happened. Others here have reported such happening, and Walther CS helped them out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
On an LE model I had, the left rear phosphoric fell out from just racking the slide and dry firing the gun. I always replace them with the Meprolights and don't look back. I'd suggest you just buy better sights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Second the meprolights. I used a coupon code and got them on jet.com for about 60. They also retain the snag free design of the factory sights unlike some others that are made to enable one handed racking of the slide.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Mine did that. Replaced them with Trijicon HD's(Orange).

Reactions: Fritzdecatze

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I had the front sight phosphorescent dot on my CZ83 come off the first time I shot it. Seems to be a common problem with that style.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The dots on my PPS M2 rear sight fell out on my first range trip. It took Walther Service exactly 2 days to send a new rear sight to me. (I'll coat the dots with clear nail polish to avoid a repeat.) Walther USA's response to my issue was superb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts