Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I don't think you will need them........ but ifffffffffff you have to insist  

Earl's
I would think he is the only one that would have them......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep-he's got 'em-the best thing that I'd suggest would be to  bench-fire your P5 at the distance that you expect to be using it at on a gridded paper target, and then do the same shooting offhand.  Then call Earl's with targets in hand so you can have a good discussion on which replacement rear sight would work best for you.  They're fairly easy to install, but at times i felt like I needed 3 hands.  I'm sure that Earl would install it for you for a very nominal fee if you sent him the slide.

Best, Jon

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I had Earl replace the von Stavenhagen rear post sight for a two-dot sight. I sent him the slide, and he did the work for me. Total cost was $55 for the sight plus return shipping. He did not charge me at all for switching the rear sight.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Is it a different rear sight or did he just put you dots on the one that comes standard with the P5

·
Registered
81 Posts
What are these RS inserts? I thought that elevation adjustements were made on the P5 by changing the RS for a higher/lower one...

Bye

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I had sent Jgilbertson a email last night.....
he said the 2dot rear sight were a Walther replacemnt sight to trade out the post sight.....
Sidenote ::: one day I will go to MA and visit Earl's shop just to see what he all got....

for the elevation adjustment.... I think you are right Laurent... my rearsight has a "4" stamped on it... so I belive they had replacements for the RS just like they have them to exchange the frontsights nowdays on the P99 to adjust for elevation

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
A few days ago I had talked to Earl regards a PPK .... can't affor the sucker right now... but I will have it sooner or later....
anyhow I had asked him about the sights..... he said that those are from the P5c .... so they must fit the P5 also....
does anybody on this forum have both P5c and P5 and might want to tell us if they might be interchangeable ??

Thanks
Oliver

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Thank you Sir.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts