Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wee, because the weather is crappy, decided to do some range time. After 53 rounds, the ole PPS M2 (just back from the shop a week ago - recall) the "PIP on r=the rear sight went into the unknown. Sent Walther an e-mail, but with the holidays probably won't get to sent it back for repair until next year. Glad I have other handguns to back me up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think Walther should pay shipping on their warrantied defect and even go an extra inch throwing in a mag or sight upgrade for all of these claims, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
Good luck.
I'm waiting for mine to fly off shortly.
QC is lacking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't have missed these had mine fallen out. I blacked out the rear sights as soon as I got my PPS and the groups I'm shooting are just fine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wee, because the weather is crappy, decided to do some range time. After 53 rounds, the ole PPS M2 (just back from the shop a week ago - recall) the "PIP on r=the rear sight went into the unknown. Sent Walther an e-mail, but with the holidays probably won't get to sent it back for repair until next year. Glad I have other handguns to back me up.
I was "lucky" as this happened to me before the recall, so when it was back at Walther, they put a new rear sight on mine because of the missing pip. Frankly, I'm replacing the sights anyway...

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Who uses stock sights on a carry gun, anyway?

Err, well, I do, too. :eek::p

Shut up, self.

Yeah, I'd call Walther after the first, or maybe even Friday just to see if anyone is there. Sucks that you just got it back and now it's gotta go in again.

Aftermarket sights an option? Better than the stock ones anyhow. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Walther sent me a new rear sight. Now I have to fine someone to replace it out of MY pocket and folks that work on guns in my area ain't cheap. So much for Walthers customer service.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Well, Walther sent me a new rear sight. Now I have to fine someone to replace it out of MY pocket and folks that work on guns in my area ain't cheap. So much for Walthers customer service.
You could have sent them the slide and they would have installed it for you. So much for Walther's customers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could have sent them the slide and they would have installed it for you. So much for Walther's customers.
And he would have paid for shipping...round and round.
Walther will pay shipping for defective mystery safety widgets but not defective sights.
Like I said before, if my new car breaks down under warranty I don't pay for the tow truck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've had the same thing happen. Walther sent me a replacement. Easy to change out. Then the same thing happened to the new sight. LOL

I then replaced the Walther sights with TruGlo TFX which are a much better sight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, tried to fix it. Got the rear sight out. OK, now replacing it, one smack with the brass hammer and out pops the new "PIP" @#$%^#. Just sent an email back to Walther wanting an RMA and they can mess with it. I like this pistol, but damn, is this gonna happen again and again? *&^%$#.

cursing.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, tried to fix it. Got the rear sight out. OK, now replacing it, one smack with the brass hammer and out pops the new "PIP" @#$%^#. Just sent an email back to Walther wanting an RMA and they can mess with it. I like this pistol, but damn, is this gonna happen again and again? *&^%$#.

View attachment 80460
Makes me a little nervous to think of how many other QC farts the pistol has that haven't surfaced yet.
Would be nice if they didn't replace defects with defects.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the slide back yesterday, hey replaced al the sights with what I would call Generac White /dots, not the luminous ones that came with the gun. Don't know if it's worth fighting with them over it. So much for their Customer Service, it sucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts