Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my PPK to the range for the first time and found it pleasant to shoot. Shot 50 rounds with no jams, whew! Although it shot to the left. What is the best way to drift the sight to the left? Is a brass punch and hammer the only way, or is there a rear sight adjustment tool?

TIA

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Took my PPK to the range for the first time and found it pleasant to shoot. Shot 50 rounds with no jams, whew! Although it shot to the left. What is the best way to drift the sight to the left? Is a brass punch and hammer the only way, or is there a rear sight adjustment tool?

TIA
If this was the first 50 rounds that went through it, I'd let it settle in a bit before I considered any changes. I've found that they tend to get better after a couple of hundred rounds have passed through them. I noticed it recently again while sighting in a new PPK/S for the first time on the range. The first few magazines tended to print low and right. It wasn't long before I started to compensate with my aim (high and left) to get it back to shooting center-of-target -- and then quickly discovered that it was printing exactly where I was aiming: high and left. A couple of new pie plates and a hundred rounds through it and the thing was spot-on.

You also might consider having someone you trust and who shoots well take it out for a test-drive, even if it's only a couple of magazines, before trying to adjust the sights. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
It is way to early to adjust the sights.

Keep shooting, amazing how these guns will dial themselves in.

Really though, it's most likely your trigger finger and grip causing the buets to go left. I ocassionally have the same trouble, and when I concentrate on form it goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts