Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I've come into possession of a Walther U.P. Mod.1. But it doesn't look like the Mod 1 pics I've found on the internet. It's 4 1/8 in lone 3 1/8 high. The clip is not like any magazine I've ever seen and inserts to the back of the gun. The fire selector (saftey) is on the right above the handle not in front near the trigger like the Mod 1 pics I've seen. The saftey has 3 positions F /// E /// S. When put on E and the trigger is squeezed the back of the gun pops open and the magazine backs out of the rear of the gun??? The rounds sit VERTICALLY in the gun. There's no blowback action and the barrel diameter of the barrel seems to be far larger than the diameter of the round.. Any Ideas?????? :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Toby, the reason it looks so strange is because it is what the Germans call an "alarm" (i.e., blank-firing only) pistol.

M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes Sense

:eek: I was starting to think I was NUTS and the laws of physics didn't apply to this pistol. Are Blanks still available for this and what should I search for?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I have no idea about "ammo". We don't see UPs often in the USA because we don't have much use for them. Here --unlike in Germany--we can own REAL pistols.

M

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Mike hit the nail on the head....

·
Registered
42 Posts
:confused: I've come into possession of a Walther U.P. Mod.1. But it doesn't look like the Mod 1 pics I've found on the internet. It's 4 1/8 in lone 3 1/8 high. The clip is not like any magazine I've ever seen and inserts to the back of the gun. The fire selector (saftey) is on the right above the handle not in front near the trigger like the Mod 1 pics I've seen. The saftey has 3 positions F /// E /// S. When put on E and the trigger is squeezed the back of the gun pops open and the magazine backs out of the rear of the gun??? The rounds sit VERTICALLY in the gun. There's no blowback action and the barrel diameter of the barrel seems to be far larger than the diameter of the round.. Any Ideas?????? :confused:
This blank gun uses .22 caliber acorn blanks. See 22SHRT-100 at the link below.

http://www.gunblanks.com/ammo.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts