Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little guy has been sitting at one of my local gun stores for over a month now and think I may jump on it this week. It's a stainless ranger ppk in 380. $600 seems kinda mehh, but if I can get em down to $550 I'd be happy. I see some crazy prices on gunbroker, but don't think that accurately represents their going rate. No box, no manual, no cleaning kit, or spare mags. What says the masses?

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
This little guy has been sitting at one of my local gun stores for over a month now and think I may jump on it this week. It's a stainless ranger ppk in 380. $600 seems kinda mehh, but if I can get em down to $550 I'd be happy. I see some crazy prices on gunbroker, but don't think that accurately represents their going rate. No box, no manual, no cleaning kit, or spare mags. What says the masses?
Yup, I've seen some crazy prices out there too. In fact, I've been one of those buyers who has agreed to pay "crazy" prices in some instances, and fortunately, I've lucked-out with flawless purchases each time because of it, but that's obviously not always the case. When I read about someone who bought an un-opened, un-fired, un-owned, NIB Interarms/Ranger stainless ppk/s for $300 somewhere, I flinch with equal but opposing amounts of envy and doubt.

So, the first thing I look at (in addition to reputation), is the return policy and return window, regardless of Seller or source. If I can't return it, or I can't inspect it (in-hand), or test fire it before it needs to be returned in some ridiculously brief return window (e.g., 24-48 hours, etc.), then I'm out, regardless of price.

In this instance, and in my limited (amateur) view, I think $550-$600 for a nice, fully-functional, stainless Interarms/Ranger ppk/s .380 (pistol only), is a perfectly fair and reasonable price. Its arguably a "good" price. I just gave $795 for one, barely a month ago, but then, its truly "minty" (with hard case, target and two mags), and getting proper mags for it will set you back $40-$50 each, depending, so yeah, I think $600 is just the going price these days.

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Use some of Ringo's points to bludgeon the price down a little; 550 w/o box, papers, and extra mag is a little on the dear side.
Use those arguments to your advantage.
Moon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just wanted to show off a bit. Took her home today. Haven't shot it yet (fingers crossed it runs 100%). First impressions: the heavy trigger pull that everyone complains about is no joke. My Manurhin PP is much more friendly in double action. The safety/ decocker doesn't function as smoothly as my Manurhin. May take the slide apart to take a look. All in all I'm pretty happy. Always wanted a ppk and got em down to $525 which I feel was a good deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
For the IA/Ranger PPK, $525 is very good, IMO. $625 would not be horrible but no great steal.

Slungback, that is a early-1940’s WWII-era pistol that looks to have had a fairly rough finish covered up a bit by a nickel finish. My wild guess would be a GI bringback that somebody had nicked, as that was fairly popular in the early post-war years.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you know what the value might be, it has all three matching seriel numbers and the eagle n stamp , no import marks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You need to put a listing in the FS section of the forums, not here, once you figure out what you want to see it for. Do include photos, price, photos, location, photos, special conditions, etc.

Personally, it would not get over $500 of my money if my guess about the nickle finish is correct, but maybe it has desirable attributes not evident in the photos posted so far. You can look for completed auctions on Gunbroker.com to see if you find a comparable pistol. Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have one....

About 8 years ago I picked one up for $350 with no box and only one mag, but it was a private sell, and I think they just needed the money. I still use it for CC and (despite what some people say about the Ranger ones) is one of only two pistols I own that has NEVER jammed (the other being my HK P7). Never. And is more accurate than any of my other pocket pistols. If you do make the purchase, I think you will be happy with it - especially if you can get him down in that $500 range....

Jaughtman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.