Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went to the range today.
I brought the P99 for a bit more break in. Winchester White box (40).
Loaded 2 magazines and fired, all in the Zone just like I wanted.
Then I loaded a few more magazines and mounted my Tac light to the rail.

No malfunctions at all. Tac light stayed tight and in place. The light even worked after 2 magazines.

Now I just have to wait for the department to have a qualification and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Excellent, madecov, isn't the P99 great!?

Ditto here on the range,

Also went to the range tonight.  Went through 200 rounds of WWB without a hitch.  That is 800 rounds in the P99 with ZERO, and I mean ZERO failures of any kind.  Plenty of double action work, intentional limp wristing, the P99 has taken EVERYTHING I've thrown at it without hesitation.  The pistol seems to have settled down, or I have settled down into pretty accurate shooting.  Tonight, I printed some targets off of the internet.  While at the range, shooting was pretty good.  Shot mostly at 10 yards at an 8.5 x 11" paper with target on it.  The groupings were there, with a few flyers of course but I didn't think much of it.  When I got home and measured the groups, they were around 1.5" if you throw away the flyers.  Now, 5 rounds in a 1.5" group at 10 yards doesn't make me a master marksman, but for someone without any formal training, I think that's pretty good!  Funny how those groups look bigger on smaller paper...

One thing I noticed tonight that makes this range trip special.  I think for the first time, I really noticed that the trigger of my P99 was silky smooth.  I know that over time, the trigger bar and components wear on each other enough where they all glide right by each other.  Tonight, I could really tell a difference from last time.  The trigger is EXCELLENT now.  No gritty feeling, or creep.  No "catching" of the components on the frame that gives it that jumpy feeling.  Just a really light and smooth trigger pull.

-stunks

P.S. is it possible that my single action pull has lightened a bit over time.  It didn't feel nearly as heavy as it usually does.  Maybe my fingers are getting stronger from loading those 12 round magazines!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts