• I shoot twice a month. Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I shoot every week. Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try to shoot at least twice a month, putting 150-200 rounds a trip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd like to get out a lot more than I do. I shoot more this time of year than in the summer hear in AZ because I'm a cheap SOB and dont like to pay to shoot indoors.

Matches

·
Registered
333 Posts
At least once a week................even if its only a few rounds!

Today I took my 3" Model 657 .41 Magnum to the range to re-learn the recoil.

Because of the cost of these bullets.............I was only able to shoot 20 rounds. That's one mean cartridge --- I would hate to get hit with that high velocity 175 gr. bullet.

JF.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I generally shoot 150-300 rounds a week. Lately I haven't had a chance to go to the range though and it's driving me nuts. Month before that I spent mostly doing rifle instead of pistol.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That's one mean cartridge --- I would hate to get hit with that high velocity 175 gr. bullet.

Call me a sissy, but I would not want to get hit with a .22 if I don't have too...

P.S. I got to fondle a 9mm Beretta Storm today...boy I am sure tempted to add this to my P99...I bet it would be a hoot to shoot at the indoor range...whaddya think?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I rented one 2 months back. I shot it better than I would with a pistol. But, I was using the stock sights. With a red dot scope, I think I could do much better...

·
Registered
333 Posts
You mean one of these........

My Storm

It is the most fun gun that I take to the Range. She is a .40 cal. and is a tack driver.

The wife loves to shoot this one........low recoil and low noise and women are natural pointers......so the front grip helps make her pretty accurate.

JF

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jake,
I added the goodies after purchase......

The photo doesn't show the opposite side of the Carbine, but I have a T-3 Inova LED flashlight mounted on the side rails.

The Shroud was bought from a guy that makes them and sells them on the Beretta Forum for $65.

The red dot scope is a 42mm BSA...........very inexpensive ( $40) but works very well for me. I have fired 2, 000 rounds of Lawman .40 ammo and the red dot scope still holds zero

The pistol grip ( short tactical grip ) was bought from Houts, INC.

The 3-point side rail sling mount was bought from Beretta USA.
A Rail package was being given away when you bought the Carbine a little while back. You need a top rail, 2 side rails, and one bottom rail. Extras unless you get that special package deal.

All total the Carbine plus all accessories costs about $750
and what you have is one fun weapon to shoot at the indoor or outdoor Range.

JF

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys who go every week, do you use factory or do you reload....

When I shoot USPSA I use factory....

When I go for fun I use reloads....

·
Registered
232 Posts
I use CCI Blazer. 150 rounds is about $12...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I shoot about 200-400 rounds weekly....and I'm loving it too.

I shoot factory for the most part, but I'm going to start reloading (again).

Good part is I get free .40 S&W ammo from my LE agency (picked up 1000 rounds yesterday)....soooo at least that caliber isn't bankrupting me....all the others are.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (srfl @ Dec. 10 2005,09:54)]Good part is I get free .40 S&W ammo from my LE agency (picked up 1000 rounds yesterday
Sounds like a "tragedy of the commons" in the making.

Be careful, at 200-400 rounds a week.  Especially if there are others that think like you, your agency might want to more tightly control their ammo costs when they go spiraling out of control.

I am extremely jealous, though.  I wish I could shoot that much a week, it sounds great.  Happy and safe shooting

·
Registered
83 Posts
i think that any funds or incentives to get LEO's to the range more often is money well spent. my tax dollars fund things a whole lot worse than cops honing their skills at the range

frye

1 - 18 of 18 Posts