Walther Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The Mauser M2 was reviewed in the March 2000 American Rifleman. Apparently it was originally developed by Mauser Oberndorf, which sold off its small arms business to SIG in Switzerland in 1999. Evidently the deal included this design. SIG's German subsidiary, J.P. Sauer, and its American branch SIGArms, Inc. became the conduit for exporting and marketing this gun in the USA. It's not clear to me exactly where this gun was actually made, though I have a dim recollection that it was mostly produced somewhere in eastern Europe and was finished and proofed at Eckernforde.

In any event, when SIG sold its own small arms business only a few years later, the new owners of SIG/Sauer chose to let this project die.

What strikes me most is its resemblance to the Stoner-designed (but much-modified) Colt 2000, a contemporary rotating-barrel design.

M

CORRECTION: My "dim recollection" above was mistaken. It was the Hungarian-made FEG 9mm Para pistols (the R-9 and also the High Power clones) that were marketed in the USA circa 1992 under the Mauser name. The importer was Precision Imports Inc. in San Antonio.

M

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.