Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my P99 and took it to the range. If you read some of my posts it was the compact, and I was suprised of how little the recoil was. I expected there to be more. Being a compact and all, with the higher grain break in rounds as well.

Sadly my accuracy needs work. A lot of my shots were pulling to the right, and were low most of the time unless I was adjusting. I was covering up the target with the center dot because I thought the newer guns were sighted that way. Obvoiusly I am unsure.  At 25 yards I did get them all in an 8'' group through. Not bad, I could probably qualify for a ccw with it, but I feel I need to be better.

All in all I had a blast with the hour I had to spend. Can't wait to get it to the range again and spend some more time with it. If anyone has any pointers on shooting down and to the right let me know.
Patrick

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wagemage,
You didn't say if you are right handed or if you were using a two hand hold ??

Breaking your wrist while shooting can cause some of your problems. Try using a wrist wrap..........just for awhile, and see if your accuracy doesn't improve.

Shooting low can be the cause of anticipating the shot going off. This is probably normal for you when trying a "new" gun which you addmitted you thought was going to recoil more. So you were probably not relaxing with the gun yet. More range time will cure that nicely.

JF

·
Registered
160 Posts
One way to check your anticipation like JF said is to use dummy rounds aka snap caps. I just bought and used some yesterday and mixed them into my mag. Everytime I pulled the trigger on the dummy round I watched my gun shake and it was hilarious. I definitely anticipate recoil and pull my gun off target slightly while pulling the trigger. Pretty expensive to test one simple thing as I bought a pack of 5 for like 13 bucks. You can probably go to a gun show and find one single cap for like a dollar.

Please fill us in on your shooting style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts