Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Glock guy for some time and I have not found any handgun that can come close to it as far as reliability/simplicity/accuracy. Until today.
The Walter performed as well as my Glock in all the above areas. Naturally, with only 200 rds through my P99, I am not yet as proficient with it as I am with the Glock.
I am very very pleased with the P99. It felt very natural and light, enabling quick target acquisition. I experienced some ejection problems that were due to cheep 115 grain ammo (underpowered, I think). Once I switched back to CCI 147 and 124 grains I had no problems.
Although I am still a Glock guy (there is just something very menacing about Glocks) the P99 is a very close second.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]there is just something very menacing about Glocks
Menacing? I always thought Glocks looked like toys. The Walthers look like weapons. It has to do with the exact angles on the hardware you know.

The angles on the Glocks are very hard. Those on the Walthers are very elegant and flowing -- like a fine crafted machine. So, you see it is all very scientific and mathematical. (yeah, right

j/k pld. Nice to see you took to the P99 real fast. Maybe in another 300 rounds you might feel different about the P99 vs. the Glock.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The angles on the glock, particularly the grip angle has always been a problem, I have to really concentrate not to be shooting high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have to really concentrate not to be shooting high.
I hear though that first time shooters don't have this problem with the Glock. Or, at least, that's what Glock would have you believe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1. I also don't like the grip angle of the Glock.
2. I don't like the trigger.
3. Plastic mags with liners.
4. They're butt ugly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
stay with it. i've had my P99 for a while now and almost put it up for sale. took it to the range the other day against my HK USP9F w/LEM. guess what? the HK is going to the gun show today. i though i would like the LEM, but i just don't like the HK triggers. i still love my glocks, but the P99 is almost as accurate as my G34 w/KKM.
last Easter, i went shooting with a bunch of guys, between the Glock and the P99 they ALL liked the P99.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think new shooters shoot the Glock slightly better because they have a tendency to push the pistol all the way out. New shooters usually push it way forward to elbows locked to get as much distance as possible away from it. So the Glock angle works good.
But experienced shooters usually shoot elbows slightly bent and unlocked and the straighter P99 grip angle should shoot better for them.
Haveing had my G17 for about 6yrs, it comes out of the safe a couple times a yr for alittle shooting and then cleaned and back to the safe. After the first 3-400 rnds I was shooting the P99 better than the Glock. Now 9000 rnds and 1 1/2 yrs later the P99 is still my first choice. Besides it carries CCW IWB so much better than the G17.
If your testing the 2 pistols and just shooting bullseye or slow aimed fire groups, the the G17 should shoot slightly better. The longer bbl and sight radis should do this. But if your shooting quicker at multi targets the P99 should really shine for you with alittle practice. Good Luck JB

·
Registered
64 Posts
If your testing the 2 pistols and just shooting bullseye or slow aimed fire groups, the the G17 should shoot slightly better. The longer bbl and sight radis should do this. But if your shooting quicker at multi targets the P99 should really shine for you with alittle practice.
My P99s are measurably more accurate than my G17. I like my G17, it just doesn't shoot as straight as my P99s.

My P99s are very close in accuracy to my SIGs.

Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sigmundsauer @ Feb. 09 2004,3:25)]My P99s are measurably more accurate than my G17.  I like my G17, it just doesn't shoot as straight as my P99s.

My P99s are very close in accuracy to my SIGs.

Tim
have to agree with you on that. my P99 is right there with my SIGs and my G34 w/KKM barrel. when shooting with a bunch of friends last Good Friday, all of them preferred the P99 over my G34. most of them only shoot on the Good Friday get together.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im rather new to pistols, but got a P99 some months ago. I was little shamed when I went to the shooting site few weeks ago to fire the p99, EVERYONE had a Glock.

Eventhough Im not an experienced pistol shooter, but I was impressed with its accuracy. I was hitting metallic silhouettes at 25 mts, without any trouble, and 1-2 seconds between each shot. Probably the P99 due to its 4" barrel is not the best option for practical shooting, but I can't imagine can one can do with some practice.

After shooting I saw some people cleaning their glocks; construction & mechanics are extremely similar to the p99 ( probably due to the fact that the designer was the same) HOWEVER, even glock owners recognized that the P99 is slightly better built , finer handgun, plus glock oweners are starting to accept that decocking is certainly an advantage.

Agree, that glocks look like toys at a distance. P99 also but nicer.

My conclusion: Glocks are fashion !

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts