Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, went out today with the new 07 date code P99.
Put around 150 rounds total through it at various distances from 3 yds out to 25.

Ammo was primarily older re loads I had laying around (115 grain) and then most of a box of 124 grain Remington Ball.

Function was perfect, I did receive about 8 rounds that bonked me on the head when ejecting out of the 150. No problems at all with magazines.

Accuracy was pretty decent though the 124 grain rounds did shoot about 2" lower than the 115 grain.

Firing was done slow fire in single action mode only as I will never carry the gun in double action de cocked mode.

My only problem is the magazine release, I'm used to a standard style of release and have to remember to use the release paddles instead of reaching for the "American" style magazine release.

I will say I like the larger paddles than the older short ones. They fall a bit more naturally to my fingers.

Of course ergonomics on the P99 are just as superb as they ever where.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, went out today with the new 07 date code P99.
Put around 150 rounds total through it at various distances from 3 yds out to 25.

Firing was done slow fire in single action mode only as I will never carry the gun in double action de cocked mode.

May I ask why? From my understanding reading the posts on this Forum, I think that most carry with a round in the chamber and decocked for safety reasons. If I am mistaken in this, please all let me know.

Ron

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My preference and since it will be carried on duty, I may as well carry it the way I'm comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts