Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I've been reading everything you guys have been saying trying to research my own firearm so I know what I have and said heck might as well join. I have a Walther PPQ M2 4" 9mm. At least i think so. I bought her used at a pawn shop with everything with it plus extra mags. I had a couple questions. And I've been reading so much to try and know what it is but its driving me crazy. But

1. Which PPQ do I have and can anyone tell me by serial number? FAU 6019

2. Does anyone have a red dot and how do they like it? Is it worth drilling or having it professionally installed?

3. And third, did anyone notice that every model of the PPQ, has a 22.lr or an older type 10mm old style rail on the top of the slide? And is it able to be used and just mounted with a small rail adjustment so you can just throw the red dot on top of the rail?

4. Any other sweet custom things I can do to it besides the conversion kit and suppressor? And I want a new rail for mine because it looks like the person who owned it before me tried drilling into the gun by themselves.

Thanks guys. Name is Battery! Happy easter!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also meant to ask where I could buy a new rail to clean it up or customize it. Besides the conversion kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean slide. I would like a fresh slide and sights. Mine are all nicked up. Sorry! Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
hey everyone, I've been reading everything you guys have been saying trying to research my own firearm so I know what I have and said heck might as well join. I have a Walther PPQ M2 4" 9mm. At least i think so. I bought her used at a pawn shop with everything with it plus extra mags. I had a couple questions. And I've been reading so much to try and know what it is but its driving me crazy. But

2. Does anyone have a red dot and how do they like it? Is it worth drilling or having it professionally installed?

3. And third, did anyone notice that every model of the PPQ, has a 22.lr or an older type 10mm old style rail on the top of the slide? And is it able to be used and just mounted with a small rail adjustment so you can just throw the red dot on top of the rail?

4. Any other sweet custom things I can do to it besides the conversion kit and suppressor? And I want a new rail for mine because it looks like the person who owned it before me tried drilling into the gun by themselves.

Hello Battery.

1. If you'er pistol has a 'button' mag release, you have an M2.

2. I have multiple red dots and like em'. I liked em' so much, I had 4 slides milled so I could install a red dot.

3. I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. I'd suggest forgetting about no. 3

4. I also don't have a clue what conversion kit you're referring to. And yes, many people customize their pistols....mostly with 1) different sights or 2) a red dot optic) or 3) grip sleeve or stippling or 4) adding an aftermarket threaded barrel or the list goes on.

You say someone drilled holes in the slide. Post some pictures. In addition, you might want to take this pistol to a gunsmith and let him give it the once over to see if this gun is safe to shoot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, no. 3 was just something I noticed and it's just something I've wondered about since the PPQ comes as a 22. Lr. Anyways, the milling looks like the photo and in no way has it obstructed the inside or bent anything. Looks like maybe they were trying to attach a low profile pic rail. I've had this for a while now and its smooth at the range and everything. I've just had it sitting and since I've had some time I pulled it out and decided to ask the experts, you guys.

And the conversion kit I thought was Q4 conversion. I might have that wrong. Anyways, I've never owned a walther before. I got it for crazy cheap because I worked there. Had it for over a year and now I was just looking at some customization options for a project to keep me sane during this stay inside policy in my city.

Wouldn't mind you not wording everything to me like I'm a toddler but ill take it if I can learn more about this firearm. I know it was an M2. 4 inch barrel. I didn't know about the tactical or the navy version or the classic. There's just not a lot of weather's up here in Alaska. Everyone is mostly glick and ARs. Just please, if you don't mind, I took apart the gun and took these photos. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
Hello again Battery13. Looked at the pictures. I'd have to guess someone was trying to mount an optic plate to the slide. The slide turned out to be harder than their drill bit and they gave up.......that's just a guess. Good part is, those two dings should not hurt the function of the pistol.

Looking at the slide on the right side, the rear sight seems to be a little dinged up. Also it seems as there is some foreign material around the extractor. I recommend completely stripping the slide.....remove the rear end cap and the striker, the firing pin block and the extractor. Clean and inspect everything and if everything is okay, reassemble.

As far as I know there isn't a Q4 conversion kit. Walther does sell a complete Q5 slide, but no Q4.

Oh, and I have no idea what that thing is that's attached to the rail on your frame. You should be able to remove it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah ita dinged up lol. I know. The rear sight is just fine. That was just messed with. I took it off and on and off. And it's just a windage nut the goes in and out and thats it. Screw it clockwise and the sight will slowly move left as you stare down the sights and then the opposite if done counter-clockwise. And to remove it, you just keep going until the sight pops out and you're left with whats in the first picture.

Yeah I agree a mount and/or they were trying to add a rail right along top. But what is on the pick rail, where you would usually have a laser or a flashlight of some kind is an attachment for my BLACKHAWK! omnivore universal OWB paddle holster. But when I meant a hidden rail was when you look at the top where they drilled those holes? The lines that are the same level going all the way down the slide, sight to sight, that you can actually get a 10mm scope or attachment to lock into place on there. Just like you would for your bb gun. But I got a 10mm rail to 20mm pick rail on the way and it will attach there and it should work just fine for my RMR I just ordered so I shouldn't have to worry about getting anything drilled out or anything or even getting a mount. That's my plan anyway haha.

It'll be like a little hand-held AR. But I think you're right about the Q5 slide. But I was told I might be able to get a replacement rail, but all I've seen are the ones on like gunbroaker. And of course there is the serial number not matching the slide problem. But thats all. I'm just hoping that these screws, or this metal filler metal fabrication caulk will fill in the hole and maintain it. And I think even if those holes went all the way through, as long as they never caught our caused any catching and we seemless, they shouldn't be an issue. But I did take out everything from upper and Stryker. Flawless. I'm going to double check. Just lubed it twice now and racked it up 3 times 3 magazines, three times. And it seems to catch a little right at the end of the return home to its rest position. Now I'm going to pull everything off and reclean and relube and make sure she is smooth.

As for the sights with the windage and height optional adjustments, I just need to get new ones. They are the XS night sights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
fart
that thing hanging off the rail might be a weight. At least that is what it seems to be to me.

My only advice to battery would be to remember that eventually you have to factor weight into the cycling equation when you add things to your slide.

·
Registered
587 Posts
As far as I know there isn't a Q4 conversion kit. Walther does sell a complete Q5 slide, but no Q4.
They do actually make a Q4 conversion kit - but whether it's obtainable in your part of the world is another matter.

As is the case with the Q5 conversion kit, the cost puts the part not far off the price of a used pistol. For comparison, here are the Euro MSRPs of the conversion kits:

Q5: Euro 599

Q4: Euro 449

To put it in perspective, the European MSRP for a PPQ M2 or Classic is Euro 949, so the Q4 conversion kit would be almost half the price of a new pistol.

Screenshot from manufacturer's website:

Balor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thing off the main rail under the dust cover is just for the omnivore universal holster I got for it. Someone had it, got a leather one custom made and sold it to me for 15 bucks vs. Retail which was like 89. So I said screw it. Lol plus didn't have to pay shipping.

But so no idea on how to check when my walther was made? I new there was a way by the certain numbers in the beginning or something. But it would be nice to know

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
But so no idea on how to check when my walther was made? I new there was a way by the certain numbers in the beginning or something. But it would be nice to know
You will see a line of letters starting with DE (which stands for Germany) on your slide on the right side, then the nitro proof mark (it could also be CIP over N) then two letters followed by a staghorn (an antler which means the ULM proof house) those two letters are the date the weapon was proofed and likely also the manufacture date.
A=0, B=1, C=2 and so on. So a B(1)F(5) would have been made in 2015.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Contact Walther with serial number. They can give you all the info you might want. I have a Burris FastFire 3 on my PPQ M2 5", used a mounting plate from EGW. You can remove the plate if you don't like the RD and go back to the original sights with no damage done.The RD's are a little different to get used to but they will give you a very accurate aiming spot. I most definitely like mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts