Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ~
Old guy here, and just getting older by the minute.
Arthritis is keeping me from racking the slide efficiently, especially when I want to rack it to the lock position.
Yeah, and this is even with me doing the hand-strengthening exercises.
However, I have seen various charging handles and other widgets for sale for Caniks, Glocks (gag), and the like, but none for the PPQ.
I don't mean one of those blocks you can use at the range or when you are giving your piston a clean.
I mean something which is attached to the slide that allows you to rack the slide right now, like if you have a jamb, FTE, or a misfire.

Any help?

PS: Please don't advise me to get a CCP, or something similar.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Probably not what youre looking for but, dark diamond sights give you a big ledge for a rear sight. Should help with racking and if need be, its a square enough angle you can rack on any other sort of ledge like a table (or even wall corner). The type of sights ought to help with aging eyes as well. I am considering some myself.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
While the buddy system works when hunting in the ocean, maybe a racking buddy would help.

In addition to squeezing racquet balls, roll ups and downs with a bar, string and weight is useful every day.
Try wearing gloves as well.

My boy got Taurus and Jessie to do an informercial years ago in his TV producer years.
Sadly I was not invited as being irresistible and full of wisdom has it's consequences.
Another round of Dos Equis please. (y)(y)
Clothing Jeans Trousers Sleeve Waist

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m an old guy as well. I don’t have trouble racking the slide on my pistols but I must say that the guns I have with a red dot optic it’s easy to wrap my hand around the optic and work the slide if I choose to. If properly installed it’s no problem.( some will argue) Plus you’ll get to enjoy an optic.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have that same problem. Depending where I am and what I am doing, I find that manually cocking the hammer makes it a bit easier to operate the slide. Worse is the PPK/S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts