Walther Forums banner

Qustion about Hogue grips for a PPK/S

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ViperR 
#1 ·
I would be interested in hearing from anyone that uses Hogue grips on their PPK/S as I'm thinking of purchasing a set of checkered rosewood grips. Before I shell out $80.00 for them, can you let me know your opinion.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Check out the coco bolo grips that CDNN is currently offering. You can find it on their website. The set sells for $26.99, looks great, provides a superb feel, and fits perfectly on my S&W PPK/S. I liked the grips so much that I ordered a second pair, just in case.

I've got nothing against the Hogues, mind you, but the price difference is worth noting.

#5 ·
Actually, you are not that far away from Nill, which sets the standard for aftermarket grips-- just brace yourself and get out your wallet. A year from now you won't remember the price but you'll be reminded of the quality every time you pick up the gun.

M

#6 ·
Mike is correct in his assessment of Nill grips; they are very nice, indeed. I have a pair on a P88C and another on a P5. They also cost $140 a set. The coco bolo grips from CDNN compare nicely to the Nills, especially at $26.99 a pair. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to dress up a PPK and also wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

#8 ·
Can't say for sure; you'd have to give them a call and ask. I've bought four sets from them in recent weeks: two of the red coco bolo grips, which fit nicely on my S&W PPK/S, and two of the olive pattern (these are $18.99 each) that I've put on an Interarms PPK (one of these sets was still in an Interarms blister pack) and one on a Manuhrin PP (both guns are now lovingly dressed). It can't hurt to give them a holler and ask. The number is 1-800-588-9500. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.