Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just picked up a 2004 AS 9mm.  While dry firing, he noticed that the double action trigger pull resulted in a noticably quieter "click" of the striker than the single action pull.  He didn't really notice this until he heard my '03 AS .40 click during double action dry firing.

Is this normal?  Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you think he'll have to send the bugger back to walther???

Also, he hasn't shot it yet, we'll find out tomorrow if the double action actually works!

-stunks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ehh, just an update. Said friend FINALLY went to the range with his new P99.

I advised him to start with a double action pull on his first shot, since that's were we thought the problem was.

Light click, no ignition.

Now a single action, light click, no ignition.

Any ideas guys? He's sending the gun back to Walther as soon as his box arrives...

-stunks

·
Registered
232 Posts
weak striker spring, mabey improperly instelled/missing keepers. Could just be gunk in the channel where the triker sticks through. How's the trigger pull?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trigger feels just like my 03 P99. Only difference is that mine clicks louder upon striker release (by dry firing mostly).

The striker indicator disappears normally. It just won't fire the round in the chamber...

-stunks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a possibility. We tried the ol' pencil eraser test, and couldn't get the thing to budge...

I'm also wondering if the firing pin block just won't move out of the way, I dunno...

-stunks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Tear it down and have a look inside.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great diagram, toeball!

I'd love to look at my friends gun, but he has it right now!!!

He's kinda new to guns (owning one), and is somewhat uncomfortable dissasembing his gun by himself (beyond field strip).

I'll try to let you guys know any advancements...

-stunks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts