Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mother (who is 65 now) was wanting a little gun for her LTC and to keep in her purse. My spare Sig was to big for her hand and she was finding herself scared to shoot it. So we went and tried out a few guns and settled on the PK380 when she fell in love with it. It was perfect for her hand we fired about 100 rounds through the rental no problem. We ended up buying one from the same place we rented the weapon. I cleaned it and added lube to the gun and gave it a good run through. We took it to the range for the first time the other day and I noticed if the magazine was full or had a round in i at all and we released it the first bullet in the mag would come forward and just fall out right behind the mag. I've been looking through some forums and around the web and haven't seen much on it. I used the Winchester white box ammo and Hornady Critical Defense. It's done it with both and in the extra mag we purchased which leads me to believe it's a problem in the Mag well not the mag itself. Is this something I need to send the gun in for or take it back to the dealer to fix or is it just a quick and easy sand down something in the mag well? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought mine, I had a few things crop up, including what you describe. I had failure to fire on many of the first rounds in each clip, also frequent failure to feed. The feed problem disapeared after I found and carefully removed a small burr on the feed ramp. The fail to fire was cured with a GOOD cleaning of the firing pin channel. The next trip to the range was uneventful and the occasional dislodged round has not happened in over 500 rounds. Try a good aerosol cleaner (plastic safe) and HOSE down the entire mag well and feed mechanism. A shot of compressed air might be good too. If it continues call Walther. BTW, my fiance is about your mom's age and tried my pk a few weeks ago. She now wants one of her own. Good luck, once broke in, the PK380 is a nice gun.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
If I understand what's happening correctly the second round in the mag is being pulled forward when chambering a round from a full mag. When the mag is dropped the bullet tip hangs up on the frame and flips out of the mag. This is due to the feed ramp design. You can solve this by loading the chamber with a mag containing only one round and then insert a full mag. Or change to ammo with a less stubby bullet type. Gold Dot and Federal HST are good choices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.