Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
  I have been doing some research on a new polymer handgun.  I've been looking closely at the Sig Pro and the HK P2000.
  The HK website says that the P2000 is equipped with the LEM trigger that uses a pre-cocked double action trigger at 7.3 - 8.5 lbs with second strike capability.  Sounds a bit heavy to me but I will reserve judgement until I get my hands on one.  I like the light single action trigger on the P99

For those of you that have the P2000, I am wondering how different this trigger system feels from that of the traditional DA/SA setup for a P99.  I personally prefer the traditional DA to other triggers. How long/short is the pull compared to the DA and SA triggers on the P99?

Is the P2000 available with a traditional DA trigger?

NM_P99 - I found your recent post on your range report for the HK P2000; very helpful!

-Thanks!
-Yoshi

·
Registered
70 Posts
The P2000 is available with a traditional DA/SA trigger in Germany. I have seen a post on HK Pro that it is available in the U.S., but it is not shown yet on HK USA's web site. Your best bet is to call HK.

The length of the trigger pull on the P2000 LEM is the same as a typical DA trigger pull. The pre-cocking reduces the trigger pull significantly until the break point. When you pull the trigger, it moves the hammer back to the break point. It is very light and very smooth, and nowhere near 7 lbs. Once you reach the break point, the pull to fire the gun is heavier, though I think that the weight on mine is less than 7 lbs. If you can't find a P2000 to dry fire, try a Para Ordnance LDA. In summary, the pull is as long as a traditional DA, but very light until the break point.

If the slide has not pre-cocked the hammer spring, it can be fired DA, though I would say that the trigger pull is heavier than the DA on a typical USP.

Overall, I like mine. But I also prefer the P99QA to the DA/SA P99, which is a minority opinion here.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cawdor,
Thank you for your reply! I will check out a P2000 when I go back home to my gunshop. Your description of the P2000's LEM trigger was very helpful. I don't think I'll consider a P2000 unless it is offered in traditional DA, so I'll call HK about that

-Yoshi

·
Registered
91 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cawdor @ April 08 2004,5:03)]If you can't find a P2000 to dry fire, try a Para Ordnance LDA. In summary, the pull is as long as a traditional DA, but very light until the break point.
The concept is similar, but the Para-Ordnance pistols are at a full-cock before you pull the trigger and have no restrike capability. They also have a lighter pull listed in the 5.5-6.5lb range, but they feel lighter than a 4lb single action.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts