Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order a new PPQ 45 ACP.

I see I can get the regular barrel or the slightly longer threaded barrel.

This will be for target use at the range only.

Any real difference here or reason to go for the longer barrel...or not??

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am going to order a new PPQ 45 ACP.

I see I can get the regular barrel or the slightly longer threaded barrel.

This will be for target use at the range only.

Any real difference here or reason to go for the longer barrel...or not??

Thanks
The longer barrel is only to hold a suppressor. It does not add anything to the sight radius (distance between your sights). Without any calculations, I want to say that the additional barrel length small enough that it does not add any significant ballistic advantages.

Enjoy the PPQ45. I love mine.

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
The 'longer' threaded barrel is to accommodate a silencer. If you're only going to use the gun at the range, the threaded barrel will add nothing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You might get tired of buying guns and decide to finally buy a suppressor or two instead, which was me last year.
So it’s nice to have a few guns that have suppressor ready barrels installed already. Instead of forking out $200+ for suppressor barrel later on, damn near half the cost of the gun.
Majority of guns I buy now, I option for the suppressor model because it’s such a cheap upgrade up front instead of buying it later.
Q45 regular model $500
Q45 suppressor model $550

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you use a closed-end holster, you may have to cut a hole for the longer barrel. Open-ended holster, no problem.

D

·
Registered
294 Posts
No interest in silencers, but the threaded barrel can also accept a compensator or weight that might interest me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts