Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. How do you know if your P99 is a AS? Mine just says P99? I think some code on the case may say AS? Has old rail on it to?

2. I show mine for the first time. Shoots real nice. It did seem to shoot a little low. I think its probably the WWB value pack I was using though. Anyone else expreriened WWB Value shooting a little low?

3. What is a Green AS in .40 worth?

·
Registered
471 Posts
All but the oldest of my P99's have AS on them... What is your date code?
Look here

Never shot WWB so I can't say for sure. But if other bullets shoot low, you can change out your front sight to a lower one. That will raise the POI...

You might check Gun Broker.com, it will give you an idea of what they are selling for...

Welcome to the forum... Aren't Walther's nice?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Shooting low may mean you have to change the front sight...

Also depends upon the bullet weight...lighter bullets shoot lower than heavier bullets. Has to do with back pressure from recoil... I have an older 9mm that likes 124 gr better than 115 gr...don't know why but it does. So it means that I hit at the bottom of the bullseye rather than the top with lighter bullets...either way I hit the bull so I am happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Code is AD whicb I take means its an 03.

I think Ill try someother brands.  I seem to remember WWB shooting low in my other pistols to.  If not then ill change the sight.

I had a SW99 compact in 40 a while ago.  The recoil was rough but I wish I kept it now.   I also have had XDs and I did not like the feel.  

This P99 seems real nice.  Ill have to shoot it more to get used to it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It will just shoot better and better. And you will shoot it better and better...

03 huh... Oh heck! I have an AD (03) and it does not have the AS on the side of it either... My wrong!
You will just have to determine if it's an AS by the trigger pull. It should act like a DA/SA. (only different:p)
Not like the Glock type trigger pull...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ May 26 2006,4:27)]It will just shoot better and better. And you will shoot it better and better...

03 huh... Oh heck! I have an AD (03) and it does not have the AS on the side of it either... My wrong!
You will just have to determine if it's an AS by the trigger pull. It should act like a DA/SA. (only different:p)
Not like the Glock type trigger pull...
Unfortunitly I have never had a Glock. But it is a decock version with 2 different trigger pulls.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] But it is a decock version with 2 different trigger pulls.
There you go. You have answered your own question. You own the original DA/SA version which is now called the Anti Stress model. Marketing, pure marketing...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you have an AS... Expect it to really smooth out after 500 rounds or so... Mine sure did!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts