Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a P99, I bought in early 2000. It is a miltary green 40sw,black slide and barrel with white engraving, and a 6 digit serial number starting with 40. I think it is the A/S version as it starts as a double action and then shoots half cocked. (correct?) It also has CARL WALTHER USA LLC on the slide.

I have fired maybe 50-100 rounds through it and it is in new condition. I was thinking of selling it, since I never shoot it. Is it anything special or just a "run of the mill" pistol? I remember when I bought it, I had to search all over my state to find a 40sw in the M. green color. I paid around $600 for it and they are an easy $100 less in the stores now.

Any feedback on this gun and what its worth will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
"white engraving"...... do you mean the rollmarks on the slide that say "P99 & S&W on the right side of slide"

or does your slide have any other engravings ??

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd say $450 through FFL or $475 in person. Assuming LNIB condition, all parts, target, case.

Just my opinion, you get what you pay for.

Don

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ May 04 2006,3:38)]"white engraving"...... do you mean the rollmarks on the slide that say "P99 & S&W on the right side of slide" or does your slide have any other engravings ??
No, this is what I was talking about. Maybe gold color?
There is no S&W printed on this gun. It was imported by Walther USA, not Smith & Wesson.
The other side is engraved Walther P99, with no color.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
ok .. yea it is laser edged into the slide......what was I thinking about the S&W markings... forgot that it was Walther LLC back then....
I would say you are about right on for about $450

·
Registered
471 Posts
The older rail is not made any more. For some people, like me, the older rail is more desirable, therefore worth more... The longer you keep it, the more it will be worth as the original styles are bought up, used up, or simple disappear through atrition... You have a desirable keeper IMO...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Of the various pistols I own (or have owned), THAT particular one remains my #1 favorite. I have the same one... "KK" date code and Mil .40... just 80 places up the serial number range from you.

Although I don't think CDNN has them listed anymore, they were selling the mil .40 in the "original" trigger config (a/s now) and frame style NIB for $449.99 w/2 10-rd mags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts