Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to my eyes I plan to start using a red dot on a few of my current Semi-Auto's. My favorite is my PPQ M1. In another thread someone suggested getting my PPQ M1 slide milled to accept the desired red dot. That is something I am considering. But right now I don't know which red dot I want. So, I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me answer.

Modifying my current PPQ M1:
1. What red dot in the $200-$300 range do people like the best
2. Can I buy the Q4 Tac slide and plates from Walther and just put on my PPQ?

Buying a Q4 Tac M1:
3. I'm assuming since they are both M1's, my current mags will fit the Q4 Tac?
4. Since I don't care for the threaded barrel on the Q4, could i replace it with my PPQ barrel? Just slide it in?
5. Can the fiber optic front sight be replaced with a quality night sight?

General:
6. Do many people EDC a gun as large as a PPQ? I hope to use it for EDC?
7. What would be the best IWB EDC holster for a PPQ?
8. If PPQ is too large, is there a PPQ smaller version that can accept my PPQ mags at the range?
9. Does Walther have a department or number I can call to answer all of these questions?

Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you. That does answer most of my questions. So now I just need to find a q4 tac m1 for +/- $550. That seems to be the way to go. Maybe I can catch a sale somewhere.

Update: Found one for $559, close enough. Just bought it. Thanks Saudade!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Any other red dot recommendations? Venom vortex anyone’s favorite? Burris Fastfire III?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Even if you bought an m2, if you have an M1 pistol, you can swap lowers. I initially bought a Ppq m1 5" and then bought a used q4 m2. The price was right and since I have more m1 mags, I swap it out.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Hee, hee.....I modify M2 mags by adding a (small) M1 latch hole, thereby making the mag work perfectly in an M1 or M2. You cannot modify an M1 to work in and M2 as the original M1 latch hole is too big and will hang up when inserted into an M2, that's why I only make the M1 latch hole Just big enough to catch the M1 latch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bart, do you have a Q4? I'm just wondering if the plates that come with the Q4 will fit the vortex venom with no additional parts or work needed? The venom and fastfire III are near the top of my list of budget picks. The Shield, RMR and DeltaPoint are my high end pics, but not sure if I can swing them after getting a new gun.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Bart, do you have a Q4? I'm just wondering if the plates that come with the Q4 will fit the vortex venom with no additional parts or work needed? The venom and fastfire III are near the top of my list of budget picks. The Shield, RMR and DeltaPoint are my high end pics, but not sure if I can swing them after getting a new gun.
I have 3 Q5's, two poly and one SF. The plates that come with them all fit the Venom, Burris, Docter, etc.

From the Walther factory site:

The newer models of the Walther Q5 Match, Q5 Match SF and Q4 Tac use a numbering system on optic mounting plates. This Red Dot Mounting Plate Guide video shows which plates fit which optics.

1. Docter/Vortex/Burris/Meopta (various other imported optics)
2. Trijicon
3. Rear Site (Mounted on gun at time of purchase)
4. Leupold / RMS

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bart. I just ordered a Vortex Venom. Wanted the Shield, but that will have to be for Christmas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shoreline,
Gunbuyer.com had them on sale a couple of weeks ago at $559. I went to their website and they were $699. I started an online chat with customer service and they said they could still honor the $559 price. What they told me to do was get it approved through customer service, like I did in chat, and then order the gun by choosing the payment method of "money order". Then call customer service at 855-318-4867 and give them your credit card information rather than a money order. It worked well for me, your experience may vary. The notice they sent me about the purchase still said $699, but I checked my CC statement and they charged me $559. Print or save the chat conversation showing they agreed to the $559 price so if there are any problems you have backup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for that info! I had it on my Gunbuyer wishlist, and when I went online to purchase saw that price change. I’ll be contacting them today. Cheers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shoreline,
Gunbuyer.com had them on sale a couple of weeks ago at $559. I went to their website and they were $699. I started an online chat with customer service and they said they could still honor the $559 price. What they told me to do was get it approved through customer service, like I did in chat, and then order the gun by choosing the payment method of "money order". Then call customer service at 855-318-4867 and give them your credit card information rather than a money order. It worked well for me, your experience may vary. The notice they sent me about the purchase still said $699, but I checked my CC statement and they charged me $559. Print or save the chat conversation showing they agreed to the $559 price so if there are any problems you have backup.
Did the same for me on a Q5 Match ($100 over the Q4, of course)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts