Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve gotten this PPK from my wife’s uncle. He served in the U.S. Army during WW11 in Europe, don’n know where? And brought this .32 Walther home. It came to me with two mags one has finger rest , they both have banner only on one side, Also came with this holster. If you all can give me your intake it would be great, Thankyou.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
What a beautiful finish. Nice PPK. Heirloom!

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
You have a lovely commercial (non military)PPK in what looks like extremely good condition.

The proof mark puts it around 1939 before they changed to the Nazi eagle. If you check inside the slide you should see the last three digits of the serial number etched opposite the ejection port (it can be hard to see or might not even be there).

Don't store it in the holster. As to the holster itself, I don't know enough about them to opine on it.

The grip looks to be in fine shape. Take good care of it.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
823 Posts
Off hand I would surmise the holster was a privately piece, either for your uncle if he was in occupied Germany or for the owner before him. There appears to be a stamp of some sort on the upper front. Can you make out anything name?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Your PPK is a screamer and congrats!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Posting these additional photos for Nick. The holster maker is Hans Posch in Haag am Hausruck, a town located in Upper Austria across the border from Germany, northeast of Salzburg. I can't say for sure if the holster is pre- or post-war. The maker was not listed as an RZM accepted holster maker in Austria. But the use of rivets to attach the shoulder strap to the holster body would appear post war convenience to me. It might be interesting to research your uncle's service record from the repository in St. Louis, Missouri. Perhaps he served in the occupation force and picked up the gun and holster at that time.

Attachments

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
If he is still alive, buy him a gift certificate to the best brothel in New Orleans.

M
Or even if he isn't . Those girls are reputed to be able to raise the dead.

For the OP, great gun; keep us posted, and congrats.
Moon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts