Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 walther p99 as. Im looking for a laser for it... like a BA-7.. something that looks like its part of the gun... not a big pimple hanging from it like some ive seen. Armalaser gto looks like a$$ imho. Ive been looking and can not find a BA-7 or even a BA... 3-4-5-6 to modify to fit.. its frustrating. So my main question here.... lasers are available for the p22 that look like what im after.... will they fit the p99??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i called Earl and he said the laser for the P22 thats made for the gun is garbage. And also the usa made walther's are completely junk. (Mine is german) BUT the big news i got... the P22 and P99 can use the same lasers and flashlights. The rails are the same length and widths. Im still skeptical on this.. i don't know who this Earl is... he sounds pretty legit tho. Im going to buy the p22 laser and try it myself (even though its plastic garbage)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ok i called Earl and he said the laser for the P22 thats made for the gun is garbage. And also the usa made walther's are completely junk. (Mine is german) BUT the big news i got... the P22 and P99 can use the same lasers and flashlights. The rails are the same length and widths. Im still skeptical on this.. i don't know who this Earl is... he sounds pretty legit tho. Im going to buy the p22 laser and try it myself (even though its plastic garbage)

I have the P22 with the laser and it is 3mm too narrow to fit on the P99.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I have the P22 with the laser and it is 3mm too narrow to fit on the P99.
You have both guns(p99 and p22) and tried this your self? Also yes after my own research no p99 9m is usa. Good call. Also would a usa made p22 differ in size from a german p99... Earl did say somthing about they must both be german made to transfer components... ugg back to square one. If only i could find a BA-7 laser and be done with it. This p99 is my wifes.. shes a huge underworld fan.. im trying to mod it as a surprise for her B day. I took the slide in a few days ago for cerakote.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I just tried it with my P22 laser on a P99 and Q5. You can force it on but it doesn't fit right. It's too narrow and won't engage the rails properly.

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
I just tried it with my P22 laser on a P99 and Q5. You can force it on but it doesn't fit right. It's too narrow and won't engage the rails properly.
BINGO. And trying to find a BA-7 is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. And if you were able to find one, I'm sure the owner/seller would price it as if it was made of gold...saying its rare, so it must be worth a lot of money.

My suggestion is, save yourself some grief and look for another option/brand.....lots of em' out there.

A few years ago, I bought a used P99 off gunbroker, when I picked it up, it had one of those PK380/P22 lasers on the rail. Like Redcat said....it fit tight and the wittle keeper dohickey wouldn't engage the slot on the rail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife does not plan on using this gun. She wants this one to be a showcase and was planning to get another one for carry. Thank you all for helping out! So if i hear correctly the p22 laser does fit... but its obvious its not made for the p99. BUT it does fit? Does it sit crooked or off center.. too far back or forward? Is the laser non operational once force installed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK got the P99 AS back from Cerakote. And ordered a P22 walther laser... so some info here (and the first ever in history! Picture of a P99 AS with a Walther p22 laser installed. Cerokote color is a custom crushed silver. This is my failed (i need a BA-7!! Ahhhh!!) attempt to clone Selene's P99 from Underworld. The P22 laser DOES "fit" its slightly too short and.. short.. its a very tight fit. The locking tab does not line up to the slot in the frame... but again its such a tight fit... its not going anywhere.

Attachments

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I wasn't aware that there were any US-made Walthers....

The CCP is made in Germany, as is the P22, PK380, PPQ, PPS, PPX/Creed, and of course the P99 lines.

Surely he doesn't mean the almighty PPK? :rolleyes:

No, there are NO Walther guns being made in the US of A.
Factoid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.