Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there gentlemen. I'm new to your forum and have recently purchased a post war P38. I've been doing some reading about my shooter and have clarified its markings, but I'm hoping that someone might be able to provide some insight about it.

This pistol is stamped on the upper left trigger guard with the "68", the Ulm antler, and the Eagle Nitro. The serial number begins with 310XXX, it bears the circle with dot stamps on the slide, frame, etc, and shows the "Made in West Germany? On the right of the frame. The front site is the thin version marked "4", the slide is a thin version, and there is no hex bolt. There are no import markings.

There are no serial numbers on the slide nor barrel. There appears to be a "3" stamped on the underside of the barrel base. This pistol came with the wood grain box (number matching) to the pistol. There was a factory target included, but it was "period correct" not SN matching.

Can anybody tell me what I have here? I'll try to attach pics, but Im not real tech advanced.

Thank you all very much!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sure thing, this one is a 1968-proofed commercial P38 with the relatively scarce single-line slide roll mark. My P38 is essentially identical to yours, serial number 308,8xx, and it also has no import marks. Other than some minor scuffs from sliding around in the box for decades, mine was new, but it did not include a test target.

Welcome from coastal NC.

Reactions: mpgus

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
acopper123: When I tried to open your thumbnails, it asks me to sign in, but I'm already signed in. I have an odd suspicion that your attachments are a digital Trojan Horse to elicit forum passwords.

Sorry, I'm not going there.

M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts