Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a Walther's PP Manurhin. It is in excellent condition but it says made in France and does not mention Germany at all. The strange part is it has 4 markings all on the right hand side. Two are on the breech part of the barrel that shows in the ejection port. They both look the same something shaped like an acorn with lines on the inside of it and a squiggly thing above it something like a crown. There is another one on the slide below the ejection port that I can't even explain. The last one looks just like the ones on the barrel and it is at the bottom of the trigger guard on the edge of the front strap. Has anyone ever seen anything like I have described? Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Your description of the proof doesn't sound like anything I have heard of before.

EDITED after finishing my taco's so I could pick up a book:

Those are French proof marks of what sounds like the St. Etienne proof house. This is a brach of the Paris house established in Mulhouse for Manurhin.

This board gets more interesting by the day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to try and take some very close close ups and maybe with a magnifying glass someone maybe able to recognize the markings. I have been all over the net looking for some markings similar to these and nothing has popped up. Serial # is 339219 if that is of any interest. It also has another # JW 1879 I believe it is. Pistol is locked in safe and I don't want to wake up the wife tonite looking for # if it is different I will edit in the morning.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts