Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched different old threads and haven't seen an answer to this....

Is the "P99 3-Dot Green Night Sight Set" that Earl's sells (Walther part 2679696) actually made by Walther, or is it made by another company for Walther?

I know that Glock's OEM tritium night sights are made by Trijicon, and looking at different resellers some say that they may have Glock logos on them or they may have Trijicon logos on them, but that they are made by the same manufacturer.

I would prefer to keep my pistol with all Walther parts, and I really hate the look of a lot of aftermarket sites that have a totally different design aesthetic and look like a random third party product bolted to the slide.

Looking around I can't find anyone selling the Walther tritium sights that Earl has, but the Meprolight night sights look like they are the same.

Did Meprolight produce the "P99 3-Dot Green Night Sight Set" for Walther?

Thank you!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The product referred to is manufactured by Meprolight, which is based in Or Akiva, Israel.

If you want to keep your pistol with all-Walther parts, you would have to remove the magazine, as Walther do not manufacture magazines.

Balor

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Mec-Gar manufactures the magazines, but they are manufactured for Walther and have a Walther stamp on them.

I’m not completely opposed to aftermarket parts - I have a Jarvis 9mm conversion barrel for my .40 S&W pistol.

I just prefer to keep the look of my pistols as close to factory as possible. Of course, since Walther doesn’t have the same range of accessories as Glock or other manufactures there are fewer products out there.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
There are not many companies that deal in Tritium. Many brands of night sights actually get the tritium from Trijicon. You will often see other brands of night sights that still have Trijicon painted markings on the side.

Walther does not make their own night sights. There are all sorts of regulatory issues when dealing with tritium.

Honestly - night sights on most guns are not made by the company that makes the gun. Some brands, like Glock, have "factory" sights." But Glock is not actually making them.

Trijicon does factory night sights for Beretta 92 variants. But, lately Beretta has been selling Ameriglo sights for some of their models - and you can only get them from Beretta (Ameriglo doesn't sell them on their own).

Meprolight makes HK "factory" installed sights.

I'd just get the sights ya want. Sights are the 1 thing on a gun that people buy for the features. No one worries if the brand of the sight matches the gun brand. They rarely do.

That being said, my P99 is the one gun I DO NOT put night sights on. I can't speak for the Trijicon P99 sights... But, several years ago, I had Mepros installed on a P99 I used to own.

I can shoot a P99 VERY well with factory sights. Once I put the Mepros on that gun, I couldn't shoot it as well.

I later sold the gun - but I got another P99 close to 2 years ago. I just leave the factory sights in it after that whole go-around with the previous P99. Plus, with the Mepros, the screw that holds the front sight down was way too long. I had to get a gunsmith to shorten it, so the front sight wouldn't wobble. Crazy why they would do that.

I love Mepros on my HKs, but not on my Walther P99 after that whole thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts