·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your PPK has been refinished... VERY nicely but refinished.
Interesting. How can you tell? [I'm not bothered--I bought it as a shooter not an "investment" or a "safe queen," but I'm very curious what one looks for to be to tell such things from these photos?]

·
Registered
226 Posts
I see a few things, but here's 2. 1) It appears to have some rounded edges around the ejection port (and maybe other areas), and 2) the safety doesn't appear correct (should be "fire blue" on high polish PPKs as I recall). There is 1 other main point I see that I can email/PM you on. It's in really nice shape, a LOT nicer than some of my refinished ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see a few things, but here's 2. 1) It appears to have some rounded edges around the ejection port (and maybe other areas), and 2) the safety doesn't appear correct (should be "fire blue" on high polish PPKs as I recall). There is 1 other main point I see that I can email/PM you on. It's in really nice shape, a LOT nicer than some of my refinished ones.
Fascinating, and cool! Thanks for the insight. Do please email/PM me on the other point. I am curious. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts