Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a nickel version of the Model 5 and it has a three digit serial number. Is anyone able to help me understand why this serial number is only 3 digits and whether or not I have come across something a little more special than the already very special model 5s that are out there? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it isn't a Model 2? They're very similar. In order to help we will need clear pictures of both sides of your pistol.

Premium Member
I believe that you have a Walther Model 5, Variation 3.

Marshall says that some Model 5 pistols have been observed with three or four digit serial numbers but that the reason for this discrepancy is unknown and is perhaps connected to the Model 2 serial number block for some reason.

You can get a copy of his excellent book on Walther pistols here:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that you have a Walther Model 5, Variation 3.

Marshall says that some Model 5 pistols have been observed with three or four digit serial numbers but that the reason for this discrepancy is unknown and is perhaps connected to the Model 2 serial number block for some reason.

You can get a copy of his excellent book on Walther pistols here:

Thanks, I just ordered a copy! Any idea of the rough value of this if it is in fact what you are saying?

Premium Member
Rough guess around $500. Maybe a little more if it has an original finish but that looks post WWII to me. A lot of GI bring backs got plated like trophies.

How does it shoot?

Registered
Hi and thanks for highlighting this difference between the Mod 2 & 5. I bought this example as a Mod 2 though it is a 5 IMHO from the searches I carried out, your views would be appreciated thanks in advance. BTW, it shoots great (for a pocket pistol, also Dieters book is difficult to locate here (UK) in English...).

Attachments

Premium Member
Dieters book is difficult to locate here (UK)
Legacy-Collectibles in the US carries it. I'm sure that they would ship internationally for you. I'd email them for a quote on price.

I believe your Walther is a very late production Model 5, Variation 3. It looks to be in great condition. Has it been deactivated?

Registered
Legacy-Collectibles in the US carries it. I'm sure that they would ship internationally for you. I'd email them for a quote on price.

I believe your Walther is a very late production Model 5, Variation 3. It looks to be in great condition. Has it been deactivated?
Thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated and confirms my thoughts - it was a bargain (circa $130). And no it is not a deac, what's the point of collecting cars without an engine :unsure:

Registered

Yes the book is available though shipping to the UK is quite high, will pick up a copy when I'm next over your way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts