Walther Forums banner

Question from Newbie into the Red Dot Market

93 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  rfd339
Hello fellow Walther forum'ers! I am finally taking the plunge and getting into the Red Dot market, and I am very new to this, although I do have an Eotech holographic sight on my rifle. Because of this, I am somewhat partial to an Eotech red dot, but I wanted to find out what you guys have on your pistols, why you bought it and how is it working for you at this time. Walther USA has no red dots in stock to purchase so I will probably go to a gun show and look at a few this summer. Thanks for your help in advance and I look forward to reading your comments!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Pdp full size 5in odgreen with a 507c x2 green. Very reliable and easy to pick up with the green dot or halo.
Not low nor high end on price. I paid $307.00 at Sportsman Warehouse with military discount.

Ameriglo Haven. Pdp 4in compact.
Free with purchase of a pdp.
Very nice large window compared to the 507c.
Battery life is a year at constant on. Red dot is is to pickup. I'd still buy it if it wasn't free ... but free was great. Some folks here are selling there's, so bolo for em. At the price point they are actually good.

Btw..
Both pistols are fantastic.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
PDP Full Size 4.5" with Holosun 508T. Super sturdy (titanium bodied) green dot with Holosun's multiple reticle (2 moa dot, 32 moa circle, or both). 50K hour battery life, shake awake technology, etc.

I've been using this one for about a year and I'm very happy with it but there are many excellent red/green dots available. I'd also look at Leupold and Trijicon, to name just two.

See less See more
Pdp full size 5in odgreen with a 507c x2 green. Very reliable and easy to pick up with the green dot or halo.
Not low nor high end on price. I paid $307.00 at Sportsman Warehouse with military discount.
View attachment 110973

Ameriglo Haven. Pdp 4in compact.
Free with purchase of a pdp.
Very nice large window compared to the 507c.
Battery life is a year at constant on. Red dot is is to pickup. I'd still buy it if it wasn't free ... but free was great. Some folks here are selling there's, so bolo for em. At the price point they are actually good.

View attachment 110974

Btw..
Both pistols are fantastic.
Dude! That OD green is sexy looking! I've read up on both the Holosun and Ameriglo. I may lean toward that one instead. Thank you!
PDP Full Size 4.5" with Holosun 508T. Super sturdy (titanium bodied) green dot with Holosun's multiple reticle (2 moa dot, 32 moa circle, or both). 50K hour battery life, shake awake technology, etc.

I've been using this one for about a year and I'm very happy with it but there are many excellent red/green dots available. I'd also look at Leupold and Trijicon, to name just two.

View attachment 110976
Thank you! I'm hearing great things from you guys about Holosun!
The ones kbmcml posted are good as well. It's gonna depend on your price range and use.

Thanks for the compliment. I really like the odgreen. The grey version is the next ill buy probably in 4.5 full size.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts