Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Interarms PPK (A016XXX) that has a cracked right side grip. I've been looking at the grips from Altamont as I own a number of their grips for S&W revolvers and they are top quality, and their customer service is also first rate.

According to their website, the Walther grips are for the S&W manufactured version. My question is how dissimilar are the Interarms (Ranger) frames and the later S&W frames?

·
Super Moderator
7,510 Posts
Altamont has seen some of my money. Good stuff.

I'd contact them, and find out what fitting would be required. I'm sure they are heading off returns from grips that aren't a perfect fit out of the box.
Moon

Reactions: Duncanppk

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Minor manufacturing differences between all PP-series pistols may prevent a perfect clap-on fit of aftermarket grips, but they are minor.

As to PPK pistols in particular, the investment cast frames used on Ranger and S&W-made guns have an integral mainspring seat that requires a little additional inletting if the grips are cut for the earlier European PPK. But if you have a sharp chisel or X-acto knife and and no palsy, that is easily accomplished. DO NOT USE A DREMEL!

And if the grips are a bit too loose, a drop of strategically-placed epoxy or J-B Weld will take care of that, too.

In short, the discrepancies are not a big deal.

M

·
Registered
136 Posts
Altamont grips

I agree with Moon and Mike completely. Call them, their customer service is first rate. I have their grips on Walthers, Rugers and S&W handguns. On my Ruger Mk 2 I noticed they were showing Mk 3 grips on the website. I called and was told the proper grips would be sent (FYI Mk 2 is heel release, 3's are button release.)

Great grips even if they might need minor surgery. Remember, a little at a time. It's easier to remove than add material back. Best of luck.

Duncan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts