Walther Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I have wanted the PPK/s since forever. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on that purchase but I have only one concern. I am seeing on the many YouTube videos that the beavertail causes irritation/bite mark on the thumb-index finger web. This could make the gun unpleasant to shoot. How many of you PPK/s owners have this issue with the gun?
I ran upwards of 50 rounds through my new PPK/S, first time firing it. I experienced no discomfort from the beavertail.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a PPK/s .22lr. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm hoping I really like it and get used shooting it so I can step up to the .380. I did the same thing with a Ruger 22/45, then stepped up to a full size 1911 .45.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am not sure about how much the beaver tail protects against slide bite if you have larger hands or if you are in the habit of holding a grip as high up as possible to maximize control and reduce split times. My wife's PPK/S has bitten me before, but that same part of my base thumb knuckle hardly bleeds anymore after having been cut by my P938 so many times. These smaller pistols just require their own unique grips. For normal-sized handguns, slide bight is only a problem if you cross the thumb of your support hand behind the slide.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts