Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I have a question about a brand new PPK/S I just bought. It's chambered in .32 auto. When I got it home I was reading over it's manual and everything and I found the empty casing sent with it from the factory. I noticed that it had a little tear partway down one side.

So then I shot a box this evening and noticed that the ejected brass is more deformed than I have seen before. It's a very slight bulge in the forward half of the brass but it's more than I'm used to seeing. Some, roughly a third, of the casings have that same little tear down one side, perhaps a third to half way down the casing.

Is this normal for .32 auto? Is it normal for a PPK/S? This is my first Walther and my first gun chambered in .32 auto so I'm in the dark and somewhat concerned. The pistol shot wonderfully but it's disconcerting. The ammo I was shooting is Magtech 71GR FMC.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That is not normal. I doubt that the problem lies with the gun. So it's got to be the Magtech. To make sure, pour a couple of boxes of another brand through it. But I don't think that you will encounter the same situation with them.

The bulges indicate out-of-spec cases. The tears, really crappy brass.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone. I took the gun abck to the shop where I bought it and ended up exchanging it for a blued PPK in .380. The .32 one is getting sent to the factory to be repaired.

I decided that the .32 felt too anemic for me and I was glad to swap for the

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, don't keep us in suspense: did you ever try the Remington?
Yes I did and it did the exact same thing. It was like the chamber was too big or oddly shaped and part of the case wasn't supported properly. Oddly enough, you would think that would cause ejection problems but I never had a one in 100 rounds. Anyway, that's what happened and why I took it back. I'm very happy with the .380 gun. I put 50 through it today and it shoots great and I didn't have a problem, other than my mediocre marksmanship ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts