Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most holster manufacturers make holsters for the PPQ/M2 4". I just purchased a Q4 and I am having a tough time finding a holster for my firearm. I wonder if the Q4 would fit in a PPQ/[email protected] 4" holster? What's your opinion? Any Q4 owner that has found a good holster for it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Dara holsters. Google them. They have stuff for the PPQ M4 either with or without lights. They sell mag carriers too. It is the one I have chosen for CCW. Not intrusive, very comfy, it is what I have gone to from an Alien Gear thing that I used to have to do the chicken dance to don. I think it is standard now, but if not, invest in the curved belt clip. Makes all the difference in the world. Trust me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the info, I just ordered one with the curved clip, I think it'll be more comfortable than the other. I saw the nylon belts and they look awesome too.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The belts must be a new addition since I ordered mine, or I just wasn't in the market and didn't notice them. Either way. Glad I could help. I think you will be a fan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dara Holsters are located in North Carolina, they are a couple of states north of Florida where I am so hopefully won't take long to ship the items, with the corona virus all shipping has been impacted and everything is taking such a long time. This is my first Walther and so far it is my favorite, can't wait to conceal carry it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A q4 will fit in anything for a ppq navy model. Or you can just get a holster made for a 5 inch or q5, if you add a compensator it will be basically the same size

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
If your newly acquired Q4 is a steel frame, you'll need a holster made specifically for the PPQ Q4 TAC SF. DARA does offer holsters specifically for the PPQ Q4 TAC SF.

Note RED arrow....Q4 SF*. You can indicate elsewhere whether you want the holster cut for an optic or not and whether you have a threaded barrel.

I posted this before, but again, heres a Dara holster for my PPQ Match poly with a red dot optic. The only difference or only thing I did is modify a Safariland belt loop hanger to use instead of the Dara hanger.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A sample of one but my comp tac holster for the q5 sf fits the q5 polymer perfectly if not better

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most holster manufacturers make holsters for the PPQ/M2 4". I just purchased a Q4 and I am having a tough time finding a holster for my firearm. I wonder if the Q4 would fit in a PPQ/[email protected] 4" holster? What's your opinion? Any Q4 owner that has found a good holster for it? Thanks in advance.
It fits, I have both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Q4 will not fit in a properly made PPQ holster. There frame is around 0.1” wider than on the polymer framed PPQ. Also, the trigger guard is about 0.1” wider on the polymer PPQ.

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
I know a guy that shoved a PPQ into a kydex/leather holster made for a Ruger LC9. He said it was real tight.

Get a holster made for your gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bravo Concealment are molded for a threaded barrel. I have the IWB torsion and OWB, like them both. All the 4” PPQ holsters are that way from them as far as I know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue trying to find one - as this is my everyday carry i picked up the bravo concealment owb ppq model holster. it fits perfect and it is really comfortable. The lock out up its just right for me. Amazon has this holster around 40 bucks so i fiqured i would give it a try. Works great! Surprisingly great fit for the q4 SF
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
You ought to talk to Alien Gear, they seem a little finicky, but their holsters are really incredible
Can't second the finicky thing, they were great every time I ever talked to them, but yes they are great holsters. I have two. I have since switched to DARA Holsters, as it became summer time and doing the chicken dance in shorts to don the thing was a bit much. In winter time I still go back to the Alien Gear. I have an older model, the V2 I think, for my pps and my P99. Mine have the leather backers, so it took time in the summer with the body heat and forming it around my hip, but it is a custom fit. Those newer ones with the spring steel insert and the neoprene are lighter and they are great, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts