Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a wartime Reich Justice, (R.J.), marked Walther PP. I have two questions and know this is the place to have them answered. They are:

(1) Approximately how many surviving examples of "R.J." marked Walther PP's are known to exist?

(2) Approximately what year was serial number 183371P

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the forum Robert. We'd like to see some pictures.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Probably no way to answer your first question, but you do see them for sale fairly often. Very collectible pistols, congrats!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just read where someone came up with an estimate of 1,300 original "R.J." marked Walther PP's, and I read earlier where someone estimated between "500 and 1000" surviving "RFV" marked Walther PP's. So, if that is true, out of the 1,300 estimated original "R.J." marked Walther PP's, I guess I was wondering how many are actually still around for sale or in collections and not lost to history somewhere along the way.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
As GeoNole wrote, as there were no listings found, all numbers can only be a rough ballpark estimate. We know, that 'RJ'-marked guns were found between SN
818 675 — 331 846P, of course not a closed SN-block...

Reactions: olsoul

·
Registered
26 Posts
The RJ marked PP I inherited was brought home from Germany by Col Jack Sheppard JR. upon returning home to Tampa the pistol inside its original holster was put into his safe. The gun sat inside until 2000. Jack gave the gun to his brother Joe shortly before he passed away. Joe put the gun in his safe, where it sat until he passed away on 10/13/19. Because of the negative views pertaining to the nazi movement, I have to believe there are numerous PP’s resting quietly in secure environments unaccounted for....please post a photo of yours.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
(1) Approximately how many surviving examples of "R.J." marked Walther PP's are known to exist?
Nice looking RJ PP Robert ! Since you bought it from Legacy Collectibles you might try asking the owner, Tom Whiteman. He maintains a serial number database that might get you in the ballpark. He's got a pretty good YouTube channel as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts