Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a P99 QA. Because I love the looks of the gun.
But I also want to do some action shooting with it. Can someone tell me his or her experience with this gun. How accurate is it? Can a do some good shooting on 25 mtr. with it?
Or shall I buy something else for some good result shooting...

Thanks,
Jannes (Holland)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't own a P99 QA, I have never done "action shooting," and I am by no means a firearms expert. But, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the lighter trigger on the P99 AS would probably benefit you for this application.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I started shooting IDPA with an AS trigger P99. I bought a QA model later on and started using it. Now I have 4 QA models and no AS's. I found the QA to be much more accurate. It will shoot very accurately out to 25 meters and beyond. In IDPA I have qualified as Expert and could probably get to Master, if I'd just practice a little more. What ever trigger style you get, the best thing you can do, is practice and dry fire.

What type of "action" shooting are you going to do? IDPA, IPSC?

What caliber?

Both my 9mm and .40's have shown great accuracy. The slight edge going to the 9mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ June 25 2005,21:37)]What type of "action" shooting are you going to do?  IDPA, IPSC?

What caliber?
The type of action shooting we do is IDPA also bowling pin competition.
The caliber I prefer is 9mm. The dealer in Amsterdam told me that the P99QA can't win at actionshooting or bowling competitions because the weapon is not made for it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sniper00 @ June 26 2005,02:39)]The dealer in Amsterdam told me that the P99QA can't win at actionshooting or bowling competitions because the weapon is not made for it.
Well, I think your dealer is wrong. I've won IDPA matches using my P99QA. I've never shot bowling pins, but I have shot at the plate racks in man on man competitions and won against all sorts of guns.

However, its not so much the gun as it is the person. Clint Smith has a great saying, "beware the man who has just one gun"

Get out and take a class or two, practice and you will be able to win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts