Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else is like myself.I was stuck on HK for many reasons and now that I own a AD (2003) P-99 9mm I am liking it much better.It simply is dead on accurate even when firing double shots as quickly as possible(trying to maintain accuracy)the quality is what I have grown to expect and reliability is also what I am finding, since there are a great many police agencies using these pistols.what I am looking for is your thoughts about the p-99 because I really like the one I have and want to hear from you all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congragulations no your conversion! You'll never regret it, trust me. The P99 has better ergonomics, better looks, a stronger finish and a much better price than H&K's. My friend has a USP and I shott better groups with my Walther.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a P2000 with the LEM trigger. I was going to try to trade it for a p-99c at this weekends gun show but unbelievably no one there had them. I haven't gotten to shoot the p-99 yet but I tried the SW-99 and was able to shoot much tighter groups with it. I think it might have something to do with the barrel actually being longer in the p-99

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was originally looking at HKs after shooting a friend's usp and came across the p99. There was no choice after considereing the price and features it offered. I have not had Hk thoughts again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've carried a .45 USP on duty for 2 years with zero malfunctions and excellent accuracy, but recently transitioned to a P99 .40 cal. The USP is a fine weapon, but double stack .45s are simply too large for my hands. The P99 fits my hand like a glove, points naturally, and is as accurate as my USP (quite an achievement for a .40 cal). The only problem thus far has been the stupid magazine floorplate defect. I don't miss the USP in the least. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glad to see you like it. My best friend almost bought a P99 (couldnt find it in 9mm) I own the walthers he owns the HK's and we trade at the range a lot. We love each others firearms (although I have small hands and cant handle his full size). I think it comes down to grip etc. Both companises are reliable and have great firearms. I just prefer my walther hahaha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts