Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I?m new to the Walther Forum. The only Walther I own is a Smith & Wesson PPK, which I?m very happy with.

I came across a used P99 in .40 S&W at a local dealer. It seems like a real handy piece, and comes with a lot of extras. It has the ?quick action? trigger. The way I understand it is that when you chamber a round, the first and all subsequent shots have trigger pulls that are long and very light, and it?s safe to carry the pistol in that condition. Is there any downside to this type of trigger?

Tom

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
u got it backwards, short and heavy, QA=short trigger pull with an 8lb. trigger
It is heavy compared to a single action pull, but light compared to a double action pull. I think he had it correct.

Tom, do a search on "AS" and "QA" triggers and you will find tons of information as to the pros and cons of each.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is heavy compared to a single action pull, but light compared to a double action pull. I think he had it correct.

QUOTE]

" the first and all subsequent shots have trigger pulls that are long and very light,"

You think this is an accurate(correct) description of a QA trigger? Long and Very Light?[U[/U] 8lbs isnt very light, and the QA i fired was a short pull, and so have been all the other QA's ive dry-fired

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hm... i dry-fired a QA when i was first looking at the P99. To me, the QA pull felt like a variety of DA; not quite as heavy, but - well, weird. It felt sort of like the weight of a Glock pull, perhaps 10-20% heavier. And just as unpredictable at the break point.

But nowhere even in the ballpark like the weight of the SA pull.

thorn

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

QUOTE]

" the first and all subsequent shots have trigger pulls that are long and very light,"

You think this is an accurate(correct) description of a QA trigger? Long and Very Light?[U[/U] 8lbs isnt very light, and the QA i fired was a short pull, and so have been all the other QA's ive dry-fired
The OP didn't quote any poundages, and I think he is on the right track, he just needs to research more. To some folks 8lbs may seem light, it is obviously heavy for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts