Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of posts on the forum regarding QA trigger pulls, springs and etc. and have a question for anyone that has measured their QA trigger pull as it is from the factory. I work in a gun store where we have seen two P99 QAs in the last several months (we are not a Walther dealer but take in trades and place special orders). We measured the trigger pull on the two we've had and both were right around 9 lbs., not the 6 1/2 shown on the Walther America website. Is this the actual trigger pull that most people have found on their factory P99 QAs or have we just coincidently seen two with heavier than usual triggers? BTW, our trigger pull qauge is working fine. -Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not measured the pull, but my new 04 QA has a rather hard pull. I would bet its more like 9 lbs then 6 1/2 but have no proof of this other then past experience with other guns.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HenryIV, thanks for the reply. I just noticed that the new catalogs actually list the QA trigger pull at 8 lbs. while the website has it at 6 1/2, so I guess the catalog is about right. I imagine they come down to around 8 after some shooting. I also noticed that the recoil spring is just a one piece spring rather than two like my 99c AS model. Interesting!
The reason I'm curious about all this is that I'm thinking of trading my 99c AS for a fullsize QA we have in the shop right now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I haven't had the chance to try the QA, but i'm guessing that the really short travel of the trigger makes up for the 8-9 pound pull? I would like to know too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts